Page 1 of 2
Searchbar returned nothing, delete if otherwise.

I glanced through the Sun at work today and noticed, on the front page, that Abu Qatada, billed as Sadam Hussein's 'Right Hand Man in Europe', appealed against his detention (without charge) to the European Court of Human Rights, won and was awarded several thousand pounds compensation from British Taxpayers.

Is it just me or has all sanity gone out the window?

Qatada lead the UK police force on a merry dance, continually used the Human Rights Act to make himself a victim instead of a villain, and demanded to stay in Britain as he faces life imprisonment if deported to Jordan.

Edit: Qatada was arrested a while after 9/11 because he was connected with Al-Qaeda. This man despises Western culture and actively encourages young Muslims to take up the same beliefs.

Why, then, do we bend over backwards to make sure he milks the law for everything its worth, when said laws are supposed to protect victims and condemn the guilty?

I say, send this pathetic excuse for a human back to Jordan, no money, no connections, and see what happens.

What a state the European Justice System is in.

Oh, and a sidenote: Cameron wrote on the same page that the Tories would rip up the HRA and replace it with a British Bill of Rights. Sadly, even though I used to support Labour, I'm being swayed more and more towards the Conservatives.

</rant>

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Last edited by quantum leap at Feb 20, 2009,
This man may or may not have had something to do with 7/7, I don't know. What I do know is that this man despises Western culture and actively encourages young Muslims to take up the same beliefs.

im going to sound like an irrogant american, but whats 7/7 is it like 9/11?
He gets these benefits because he isn't a white Englishman, duh.

Edit: ^ Do you remember when London got bombed? 4 guys with nailbomb backpacks blew themselves up in the Subway and on a bus. I forget how many died, I think it was 40 something.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by therealtater

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7/7
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by therealtater

As above, the British equivalent of 9/11

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
As above, the British equivalent of 9/11

thats no where near wat happened on 9/11, same kinda thing with terrorists tho
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Hussein had nothing to do with any Islamic terrorist attack. It's stupid to hold someone who worked for him accountable for that.
Quote by therealtater

They mean my birthday.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
kinda a pussier 9/11
edit: doesnt make it any less tragic
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
Last edited by Nite_Marez at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by Nite_Marez
kinda a pussier 9/11

Except Britain wasn't asking for it like the US was.
you do realise he was imprisoned for an unusually long time WITHOUT a trial. you're innocent until proven guilty in british law, nevermind eu law. They detained him, didn't give him a trial and don't have the evidence necessary to convict him. if he's not proven guilty, you're essentially saying that [what is presumed to be] an innocent man should be convicted and you're willing to compromise the rights of everyday people just because of what you suspect.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Welcome to england.

In the mail today I saw a picture of osama bin laden in a cave with his associates *cartoon style*

the caption below read

"why am I hiding in a dirty cave, when I could live in the UK claiming y Human rights"
wow... 3000 quid for 4 years of false imprisonment. they had nothing to do with 7/7, they were detained after 9/11.
quantum leap, you're a dumbass
Quote by untalented
you do realise he was imprisoned for an unusually long time WITHOUT a trial. you're innocent until proven guilty in british law, nevermind eu law. They detained him, didn't give him a trial and don't have the evidence necessary to convict him. if he's not proven guilty, you're essentially saying that [what is presumed to be] an innocent man should be convicted and you're willing to compromise the rights of everyday people just because of what you suspect.

well was he a legal citizen?
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
Quote by SuperJoop
Welcome to england.

In the mail today I saw a picture of osama bin laden in a cave with his associates *cartoon style*

the caption below read

"why am I hiding in a dirty cave, when I could live in the UK claiming y Human rights"

They're called "human rights" because all humans deserve them. Even Bin Laden.
Quote by Spamwise

No.

The world has gone mad. I will not be swallowed by the nanny state. Humans should be treated how they treat others. Karma.
Quote by SuperJoop
No.

The world has gone mad. I will not be swallowed by the nanny state. Humans should be treated how they treat others. Karma.

First of all, that isn't what karma is. Second, I'm not saying that we should be all friendly and loving towards men like Bin laden. But they do deserve fair trials and treatment.
Quote by SuperJoop
No.

do you actually know how karma works?
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

when will the legal system be:
you murder someone you die
you steal the state takes your **** of equivalent value
u beat someone u get beaten
thatd be fair
what goes around comes around
Quote by powerhead

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
Quote by Spamwise
First of all, that isn't what karma is. Second, I'm not saying that we should be all friendly and loving towards men like Bin laden. But they do deserve fair trials and treatment.

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

Hmmm you seem to have failed.
Quote by SuperJoop
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

no, you failed. your use of the word karma was wrong in your little example.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by bchig
wow... 3000 quid for 4 years of false imprisonment. they had nothing to do with 7/7, they were detained after 9/11.
quantum leap, you're a dumbass

I resent that. I forgot some of the details, but that isn't the point. Why do terrorists (more specifically, those who promote terrorist activities) end up benefitting from the EU justice system and getting paid from it? Qatada got benefits while living here, even after his arrest. Now, having actively encouraged terror, he's paid off for being pulled out of the spotlight and put where he can do less harm. That, at least, is my understanding.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by SuperJoop

In Hinduism, yes. In Buddhism, no. Shakyamuni Buddha taught that karma was not a special force deciding our fate. We can always create new karma. It is simply the law of cause and effect.
Quote by untalented
no, you failed. your use of the word karma was wrong in your little example.

It was a separate sentence, hence the full stops.
Quote by SuperJoop
It was a separate sentence, hence the full stops.

We can take this discussion to our profiles, if you want, since it is completely off-topic.
Quote by Spamwise
We can take this discussion to our profiles, if you want, since it is completely off-topic.

lol, I am not too bothered about your ignorance.

The idea behind karma is not only found in Buddhism and Hinduism; it seems that the Bible certainly conveys the same essence:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A person reaps what he sows.
(Gal. 6:7)

EDIT: I believe I am right, I am a mild christian and my religion states that, I am not a hindu or Buddhist.
Quantum Leap: they end up benefitting because the English system wronged them for no reason, the the UK is part of the EU.

SuperJoop: you're a really big dumbass, you ****ing dumbass.
shut the **** up before you get knocked the **** out
Quote by bchig
Quantum Leap: they end up benefitting because the English system wronged them for no reason, the the UK is part of the EU.

SuperJoop: you're a really big dumbass, you ****ing dumbass.
shut the **** up before you get knocked the **** out

actually, he's right about it being found in other religions e.g. christianity, islam etc.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by SuperJoop
lol, I am not too bothered about your ignorance.

The idea behind karma is not only found in Buddhism and Hinduism; it seems that the Bible certainly conveys the same essence:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A person reaps what he sows.
(Gal. 6:7)

It does. However, the idea of karma goes beyond the bible. The bad karma we creates keeps forcing us to repeat life in sammsara. I suggest reading this page. It is a good introduction.

"Karma is neither fate, nor predestination imposed upon us by some mysterious unknown power to which we must helplessly submit ourselves. It is one’s own doing reacting on oneself, and so one has the possibility to divert the course of one’s Karma to some extent. How far one diverts it depends on oneself. "

I am not a hindu or Buddhist.

I am. I'd be happy to discuss anything about it with you.
I think it's perfectly fair, if they are illegally detaining him then he deserves to be compensated for it.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Spamwise
It does. However, the idea of karma goes beyond the bible. The bad karma we creates keeps forcing us to repeat life in sammsara. I suggest reading this page. It is a good introduction.

"Karma is neither fate, nor predestination imposed upon us by some mysterious unknown power to which we must helplessly submit ourselves. It is one’s own doing reacting on oneself, and so one has the possibility to divert the course of one’s Karma to some extent. How far one diverts it depends on oneself. "

I admire your willing to educate and I also admire you intelligence. Thanks for the heads up.
Just to get back on topic:

My understanding is that UK law also makes promoting/encouraging terror (what Qatada did) a crime, one that people can be arrested for. Is this true?

If so, Qatada ain't as innocent as he's trying to make out.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
Just to get back on topic:

My understanding is that UK law also makes promoting/encouraging terror (what Qatada did) a crime, one that people can be arrested for. Is this true?

If so, Qatada ain't as innocent as he's trying to make out.

Yes I think you are correct. I cannot believe how soft the UK is on foreign bodies who participate in 'hate' crimes.

I have lost all pride in my country. I just don't care anymore. They can have it all if they want it. Im gunna die in the next 5 years anyway bchig will come and find me.
Speaking of 7/7, anyone remember the Glasgow bombings?

The terrorists failed hard and got taken down by some guy...they crashed their truck as well

Only in Scotland could the terrorists fail so hard xD
Quote by gallagher2006
Speaking of 7/7, anyone remember the Glasgow bombings?

The terrorists failed hard and got taken down by some guy...they crashed their truck as well

Only in Scotland could the terrorists fail so hard xD

John Smeaton is legend

'This is Glasgow, we'll just set aboot ye"

anyway, on topic, why should a man who has no respect for others' rights have his respected?
imo, he shouldn't.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
7/7 still weighs heavy on me sometimes- if I missed the train on the Tube that I did that day, I may not have been typing this. If Qatada was involved in 7/7, he should be tried and sentenced here. If not, he should be extradited back to Jordan. Thankfully, the Law Lords have ruled that he can indeed be extradited.
You fail to mention that he had talks with MI5 to help prevent terrorist attacks in the UK, and also made a video request from prison to militants in Iraq to release British hostages.
And yes he was legally allowed to stay, on grounds of asylum.
Your country creates a law allowing for people to be detained without trial or charge, and detain a guy for FOUR years, without bringing any charges against him, and he gets a few thousand quid? If YOU were arrested for FOUR years, without any basis, I think you'd find a few thousand quid to be an insult compared to the years of your life which you lost.

Remember, you should only be in jail if guilty of a crime, he could not have been guilty, as he was not charged with anything. So what's he guilty of?
He is guilty of openly hating the society that has compensated him.

I know its not an actual crime but I stupidly once believed that this country acted on principle and morality..... how wrong I was.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Spamwise

No, Bin Laden deserves to be brutally raped with spikes and fed to pigs.
Page 1 of 2