ok so ive been looking for a new guitar to get because im geting tired of the sound my les paul makes when i try to play metal. ive got like $330 saved up and ive been looking at a dave mustain dean v ($299) or a b.c. rich metal master warlock ($229)
so pit i want to know which one i should get or if there is a better guitar i should look at..
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
You are an idiot.
You'd get a BC Rich over a Les Paul?
Just swap out the pickups in your LP, it'll sound much better than any BC Rich.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Try Electric guitar, the forum for asking about guitars.

And for the love of ears don't buy a cheap dean or b.c. rich, you may as well wipe your arse on the money.
Quote by exiledsoul
You are an idiot.
You'd get a BC Rich over a Les Paul?
Just swap out the pickups in your LP, it'll sound much better than any BC Rich.

For $300 I wouldn't buy a B.C. Rich. I'd buy their high end stuff but the cheap stuff is expensive firewood.
Quote by coryklok
You should save your money. Get a better amp first, preferably tube.

i got a bad ass amp already.

and i just want a new guitar just for metal i like my les paul how it is..
Quote by tancanada

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by Brennon
i got a bad ass amp already.

and i just want a new guitar just for metal i like my les paul how it is..

In that case still, save your money. Wait, until you have about $700-800 and go check out the 2009 LTD's. There pretty nice and well built.
Quote by coryklok
In that case still, save your money. Wait, until you have about $700-800 and go check out the 2009 LTD's. There pretty nice and well built.

This is a good idea. I'd wait until I had more cash and then look at the ESP/LTDs, Jacksons and Ibanez guitars. B.C. Rich has a bad reputation but there higher end stuff is probably as good as anyone else though.
Last edited by Trefellin at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by coryklok

this.

and BC Rich's suck.
Quote by coryklok

alright thanks alot guys.
Quote by tancanada

Quote by thsrayas

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by Brennon
alright thanks alot guys.

Also, don't just go in there set on what you want. Go to the store and try out a variety guitars from different makers.
If you want a different tone, a cheaper solution would be an EQ pedal.

And the amp you have affects your sound a lot more than the guitar you have.
A Peavey Transformer 110 is hardly a badass amp. I've had a Peavey Bandit 112 and it's supposedly the best amp in that range. That being said it still sucks compared to my Peavey Classic 30 or a Traynor YCV40.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Idk, they're both so cool! But the downside to both of them is no Floyd Rose, and you might want better pickups. Either way, don't just buy online or something, actually play them both first and compare to make sure you get the right one.