Page 1 of 2
Hi..So I`ve been itching to buy this console for more then a year now..and I just didn`t have enough money or to put it rather bluntly...reasons..cause don`t get me wrong..it has a lot of games that I like or would like to play..like Little Big Planet..but I kinda caught some rumours that it may get a bit cheaper `cause of more affordable ways of production and such..well the price is in euros here..so the ps is 399..which isn`t actually that bad..but the games cost like 70 euros..so wait or buy now..actually I would like to buy a copy with LBP with it..good deal?

here`s the link:
http://www.superstore.si/index.asp?tn=productview&pid=72182&c=11363
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by Rokkec at Feb 20, 2009,
get a 360. ps3 is boring
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
The PS3 is due a price cut mate. I'd wait one more month, because you'll be kicking yourself if you waste 1/4 of your money
Sorry man..More constructive comment than that..I don`t have anything against it..my friend has it..but I`m just more into the PS=)
So a little advice on that please

EDIT: I hope you are right..but Sony just keeps negating it..They probably fear people will stop buying it and just wait it out a little untill the price is right haha..but I really wanna play LBP and get it for free with it and am kinda scared if it will stop coming in that bundle:P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Quote by frozen_soul
get a 360. ps3 is boring

i dont think the game that TS wants is out on the 360

on topic: the longer you wait, the cheaper it should get. especially if you buy the console second hand [ebay etc...]
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by frozen_soul
get a 360. ps3 is boring

i frikkin knew it. as soon as i read the title of the thread i said to myself 'i bet some douche bag is gonna say 'buy a 360' or 'ps3 sucks''

the 360 and ps3 are fine consoles and it depends which console you think will offer games you would enjoy more. if you're a huge halo fan or something then you should probably go with 360. if you want LBP or the ps3 exclusive games then yea..stick with ps3. also the ps3 has a blue ray player so if you're big on movies then you may want to consider that aswell

edit: wow i totally forgot you asked WHEN to buy the system. uhh yea id wait a little while, prices usually go down every season.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Feb 20, 2009,
True..just for the game alone I would buy this console..let alone other reasons..It`s just that it`s kinda frustrating to just wait and see what happens=)

EDIT:Thx for adding the point regarding the console fanboy wars Weseem..it`s just up to the person which games and what kind of experience he wants from the console
And yeah..I love movies in HD..and am very optimistic in blu-ray..so it is another plus for me..and yeah..it is advice regarding the right time to purchase it..If I buy it now I will be very pleased..but If I wait I may save a lot of money:P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Quote by frozen_soul
get a 360. ps3 is boring

Yeah - I was TOTALLY stoked when mine red ringed. It was so much EXTREME fun.

Wait for a couple months - the ps3 is going to drop another hundred bucks.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Rokkec
True..just for the game alone I would buy this console..let alone other reasons..It`s just that it`s kinda frustrating to just wait and see what happens=)

but If you've saved for a while.. surely you can save a bit longer so that when the price goes down, you:
a)are buying it for cheaper
b) have more money left over since you've saved for an extra month, and because you have saved

wait my friend
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'd buy it. But I'm in the middle of an EPIC love affair with mine.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by Wesseem
i frikkin knew it. as soon as i read the title of the thread i said to myself 'i bet some douche bag is gonna say 'but a 360' or 'ps3 sucks''

the 360 and ps3 are fine consoles and it depends which console you think will offer games you would enjoy more. if you're a huge halo fan or something then you should probably go with ps3. if you want LBP or the ps3 exclusive games then yea..stick with ps3. also the ps3 has a blue ray player so if you're big on movies then you may want to consider that aswell

edit: wow i totally forgot you asked WHEN to buy the system. uhh yea id wait a little while, prices usually go down every season.

i wasnt trying to be a douchebag, im saying my opinion. i had a ps3 for almost two years and i was very bored with it. im giving him advice.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
It seems like I should really choose the second option and just wait it out a little and see what happens
I`m just not sure if it will come in bundle then..and with LBP or some other great game=)

EDIT: I think the XBOX 360 is a great console..more then 1 friend had one..but more then 1 broke too..rrod and stuff..one got it replaced and gave it to his sister..while buying the elite version..my other friend got it replaced too..and sold it to another person..he regrets it a little now
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
360 > ps3

there I said it.

Flame me I don't care.

The blue ray player in the ps3 is pointless since HD is taking over blue ray. Not to mention there is only like three good games for the ps3.
Quote by Rokkec
It seems like I should really choose the second option and just wait it out a little and see what happens
I`m just not sure if it will come in bundle then..and with LBP or some other great game=)

EDIT: I think the XBOX 360 is a great console..more then 1 friend had one..but more then 1 broke too..rrod and stuff..one got it replaced and gave it to his sister..while buying the elite version..my other friend got it replaced too..and sold it to another person..he regrets it a little now

i had LBP too. i thought that was boring after like two days of playing.
Quote by Marshmelllow

Isn't there a 160GB version on the horizon?

When that comes out the current versions will probably be a lot cheaper.
Quote by poopgift
get guitar or bass stuff, screw video games

Maybe you should follow your own advice- that Behringer amp you own isn't even fit for smashing up. Now not to be mean- if he wants to buy a console, he should buy a console. There's no need to spend all your cash on guitar and bass stuff.

Quote by silversoulcage

The blue ray player in the ps3 is pointless since HD is taking over blue ray. Not to mention there is only like three good games for the ps3.

Yup. HD-DVD has taken over Blu-Ray. In fact, it whooped Blu-Ray SO hard it LOST THE FORMAT WAR.

Quote by silversoulcage
360 > ps3

there I said it.

Flame me I don't care.

Look, I respect your opinion..but HD is in simple words just higher resolution while the BLU-RAY is a storage device which has a lot of space for this higher resolution to be put in use
I hope I made some sense

EDIT AGAIN: Oh and I AM saving for a new amp..cause my old one is in "repair" for about a month now..but I want this topic to be focused on just this one thing=)

and thx freedoms_stain, for you have explained it better than myself
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Quote by silversoulcage
360 > ps3

there I said it.

Flame me I don't care.

blu-ray is HD, HD-DVD is dead, if you want to watch movies in HD you need a blu-ray player, simple as.
Quote by Wesseem
i frikkin knew it. as soon as i read the title of the thread i said to myself 'i bet some douche bag is gonna say 'but a 360' or 'ps3 sucks''

the 360 and ps3 are fine consoles and it depends which console you think will offer games you would enjoy more. if you're a huge halo fan or something then you should probably go with ps3. if you want LBP or the ps3 exclusive games then yea..stick with ps3. also the ps3 has a blue ray player so if you're big on movies then you may want to consider that aswell

Ya dude definately.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
yea im pretty sure HD-DVD went out of business like 2 years ago.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
So anway..thx guys..I`ll just try and fight the temptation and wait a bit more..but if in at least 2 months no more new rumours on the price cut thing..I think I`m gonna give in to it and buy it for what it`s worth
Cheers and thanks!=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
plus it cost nothing to sign up so whats to lose plus they explain everything on there
well.. i'd say to just go w/ a 360: cheaper, and better IMO.
but if you really want a PS3 i'd wait a little for a price cut.
Quote by frozen_soul
get a 360. ps3 is boring

yeah, so he can wait for the red rings....
yeah, so he can wait for the red rings....

Ya imagine him having to do the extremely onerous task of shipping it to Microsoft, for free.

Man think about it, 2 weeks without a console? Thats ****ing scary man.
Quote by silversoulcage
360 > ps3

there I said it.

Flame me I don't care.

Blu-ray IS the definition of High Definition in terms of movies lol.

HDDVD isnt being produced because it lost.

PS3 also seems to have a more powerful core so I'd definately buy a ps3, heck we have 2 here.

to the TS I'd say wait a bit untill the prices drop ofc depending on your desperation level. But when games like Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted: Among Thieves comes out (it's not out yet, is it?) I enjoyed playing the prequels VERY much on ps3.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by The Grem
Ya imagine him having to do the extremely onerous task of shipping it to Microsoft, for free.

it's still not acceptable mate. A console should work flawlessly being as popular as the 360 is. You don't pay for something that you aren't sure will work when you need it to. The margin of error on the ps3 is not even noticable compared to the 360. I can't speak for the newer 360 models though, some say they've fixed RRoD some say they havent
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by The Grem

Dude, that's not the point. If you buy a games console with your hard saved cash then it should work and not break because of bad design.

Defo buy a PS3, I bought one and I'm in love with it. It's got a gd library of games, exclusive features and there are some seriously cool games coming out for it soon, such a gd line-up of exclusives it's unreal.

Wait for the Killzone 2 bundle perhaps?

edit: doesn't this belong in the gaming thread, really?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Last edited by Gregoric at Feb 21, 2009,
Will the fanboys please shut the **** up?
I'd say wait for the inevitable price cut. It's starting to look good for game makers finally using the full power of the next-gen consoles and PS3s getting a better line-up.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Ive had a 360 since 2005 and a PS3 since Summer 08.

I can confidently say the PS3 rapes the **** out of 360
You should consider the Wii.

Not now, I own one and the game library is bad. But they are coming out with an extension that offers a true 1:1 motion control, which means that there will be lightsaber battles that actually work like you think. The extension will come with Wii Sports 2, and in that there is kendo (sword fighting) and other things.

This really gives me hope for a game light KOTOR, where you can lightsaber with one hand, and do force effects and move with the nunchuck. It seriously sounds awesome, and it comes out in a few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM3vUdD6tgg

Go to 00:50 to skip the intro, it really is going to be the wii saver.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
just wait for the price cut, its slowly but surely getting better, and well, i always favored PS's First Party titles over 360 which is why i chose PS3 over 360, just a personal preferrence....although i'm considering getting a cheap 360 for Banjo and Kazzooee however ya spell that...
Will someone please explain to me why everyone feels the need to 'pitch' their console?
I'm quite sure TS created this thread with the intention of having his question answered, not to be bombarded with these 'helpful' suggestions.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Ovenman
Will someone please explain to me why everyone feels the need to 'pitch' their console?
I'm quite sure TS created this thread with the intention of having his question answered, not to be bombarded with these 'helpful' suggestions.

Um because it's helpful to have any opinion when you are going to spend 300+...
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
hold off a year or so, is it really worth paying money to spend time? summer is coming anyway.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by silversoulcage
360 > ps3

there I said it.

Flame me I don't care.

You "sir" need to get out more. HD dvd "has" been dead and gone for more then a few months "sir". And Only three good games for ps3?? Wow. I'll list "a" few of my personal favorites. Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet (full of WIN), Resistance one and two...there are more then 3 "good" games.

The "__" were to confuse you all MUHAHAHAHA.
Buy a little now, and buy the little rest later.

That's what I did...
The army is exactly like Boys Scouts .... except Boys Scouts are supervised by adults.
Page 1 of 2