Everytime I do a bass line progression so then I can develop a rhythm progression and then lead guitar etc, I always write things I already heard in a song or such.

Also, I'm trying to be original, but all what I find that sounds good is already a degree progression from a song I know. When I try to create random things, it just sounds bad.

Any tips on that?
so what?who cares?every chord progression has been done before in a song.anything you do wont be the first ever
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
There's only 12 notes, chances are, it's been written before. You can try listening to different kinds of music and fuse different elements from them. Don't just play random notes but do be creative and break rules if you wish to, if something sounds bad that might be because it's something new.
Lemmy said when interviewed what he thinks of people who have copied there style

he replied with

'Thats okay, we were copying the sounds we liked from 10 years ago. Maybe in 10 years time we can steal there sound'

Music is just constant plagiarism

but in a good way ofcourse
Quote by pwrmax
There's only 12 notes, chances are, it's been written before. You can try listening to different kinds of music and fuse different elements from them. Don't just play random notes but do be creative and break rules if you wish to, if something sounds bad that might be because it's something new.

I see... meh, that's why I found that 6-5-4 progression a lot in music...

Well, as long as I got the idea out of my mind and didn't think "well I'll just copy a progression from another song", I guess it's alright.

Anyway thanks

Quote by dancelasvegas
Lemmy said when interviewed what he thinks of people who have copied there style

he replied with

'Thats okay, we were copying the sounds we liked from 10 years ago. Maybe in 10 years time we can steal there sound'

Music is just constant plagiarism

but in a good way ofcourse

Constant plagiarism... well, I wouldn't say that if like I said, I write a progression that I just found playing. I would say it's just a circle where you can't or almost can't come up with something someone already wrote
Last edited by kevC4 at Feb 20, 2009,