ok this may sound like a pretty beginner like question but i have no experience on this subject so dont judge me

what type of bridge would be best so i can get a good and up motion

pretty much i wanna be able to dive bomb without breaking the bridge off the guitar

keep in mind that im not really rich and a cheaper option would be better
Floyd rose. Or you can whammy without a whammy bar.

Floyd roses like all trems need routing if you don't already have one, you would be better off buying a new guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Floyd rose. Or you can whammy without a whammy bar.

Floyd roses like all trems need routing if you don't already have one, you would be better off buying a new guitar.

whammy without a whammy bar and make a video to put on youtube about it

in all seriousness licensed floyd rose would be the cheapest reliable option
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i agree floyd rose trems are probly the best, but i have a crappy squire strat that has a bridge that pivots both ways so with regards to cost if you look around youmay be able to find a cheap guitar with a dual pivot bridge
yeah its not really the bending i have trouble with lol

i friend taught me all these awesome techniques on his guitar and im pretty sure he had a floyd rose. stuff like dive bombs and this thing he did with his wah pedal which made it sound like laughin monkeys and now i really want one

the guitar i would put it on is my strat copy as it really wouldnt look good on a les paul custom. would i need any special work done to it to fit in a floyd rose?

btw wats the difference between single locking bridges and double locking ones?
1) Yes, it would need to be routed for the bridge and the locking nut which, imo, isn't worth doing on a guitar that costs less than the bridge you're putting on it.

2) Single locking bridges only lock at the nut. Double locking bridges lock at the nut AND the bridge saddles.
ahhh ok thanks

just one last thing i forgot to say

the strat already has a whammy bar but its a ****ty one that came with the guitar. it pretty much only has a down motion and that annoyed me

would i still need it to be routed?
Quote by arzhang

keep in mind that im not really rich and a cheaper option would be better

Well, we all know that whammy bars cost around, I don't know, 20...30 dollars extra on a guitar...

Now that I've got that off my chest, maybe a beginners guitar with a licensed FR if you can find something like that.

Oh and also.... You never see Slash or...Buckethead..., yes that guy with the KFC box on his head, You never see those guys with whammy bars. They do it this way...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by biga29

Well, we all know that whammy bars cost around, I don't know, 20...30 dollars extra on a guitar...

Now that I've got that off my chest, maybe a beginners guitar with a licensed FR if you can find something like that.

Oh and also.... You never see Slash or...Buckethead..., yes that guy with the KFC box on his head, You never see those guys with whammy bars. They do it this way...

lol i was talkin more about the bridge

and im a big fan of slash and buckethead but i got my les paul for that heavy tone

i wanted a whammy for some fun not so i dont have to bend anymore

and pacman thanks alot for all your help
definitely a floyd rose origional or licensed floating trmolo, or a kahler
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12
Quote by arzhang
lol i was talkin more about the bridge

and im a big fan of slash and buckethead but i got my les paul for that heavy tone

i wanted a whammy for some fun not so i dont have to bend anymore

and pacman thanks alot for all your help

Nah dude i was just being an idiot referencing the smartest kid in the world. (Youtube "whammy without a Whammy bar kid")

I believe i was a little serious in the middle part of my post though
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29

Nah dude i was just being an idiot referencing the smartest kid in the world. (Youtube "whammy without a Whammy bar kid")

I believe i was a little serious in the middle part of my post though

yeah that could be a problem cus im only 15 and my dad is getting quite sick of all the guitars i have lying around (2 electrics, 1 aclassical, and a uke )

what im actually doing was painting that strat copy so it has a custom paint job and then i decided that it would be the perfect place to put a new bridge on.

so yeah a new guitar is not really what im looking for and if getting the bridge fitted into it will cost more than the actual guitar (the guitar cost $150 ) then i dont think its really worth it
Quote by biga29

lol double post i know but i just saw that kid and i ****in laughed so hard

what a ****en douchebag