Hey,

I have an Ibanez 350 MDX and I was wondering what I could do to upgrade it. What could I do to make it sound better and play better? What about putting a edge pro tremolo on it? different pickups?

cheers
MY SIGNATURE IS RIGHT HERE!
Would you rather improve the guitar you have now or save up for a nice shiny new (and better) one?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
well ibanez stock pickups are usually pretty ****ty, unless its vintage, so thats a start (i like their ****ty pickups, brings cost down so you can get your pickups)

maybe a new amp is in order?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
recondition the neck, makes it super smooth. i did it to my mockingbird, but ended it giving it to my brother out of pity. also replace pickups, as other people suggested. if you go with an edge, dont get an edge III, i've heard only bad things about them. also, what type of sound are you going for?
well my guitar has an edge 3 so maybe i should upgrade that? and the pickups arn't great and so I was looking at some kent armstrong motherbuckers or some Seymour Duncan Hot P90's. I was also looking into a fernandes sustainer (to get muse sounds) but I didn't know if I wanted to spend all that money on a average guitar.... would the actual guitar's neck and body affect the sound? in other word could I take a $400 guitar and upgrade it so it sounds really good?

EDIT: oh and my sound is a mix of Muse, Switchfoot, and Anberlin. I just got a Fender Devil so my amp is good
Last edited by hi_it's_me! at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by hi_it's_me!
well my guitar has an edge 3 so maybe i should upgrade that? and the pickups arn't great and so I was looking at some kent armstrong motherbuckers or some Seymour Duncan Hot P90's. I was also looking into a fernandes sustainer (to get muse sounds) but I didn't know if I wanted to spend all that money on a average guitar.... would the actual guitar's neck and body affect the sound? in other word could I take a $400 guitar and upgrade it so it sounds really good?

EDIT: oh and my sound is a mix of Muse, Switchfoot, and Anberlin. I just got a Fender Devil so my amp is good

yes, the woods effect your tone alot. i'm not quite familiar with those bands, i have like 1 switchfoot song, but use high output pups for a rougher sound, vintage for a warmer sound, and other than that you might want to ask someone else. btw the pups in my gibson sg special are pretty nice if you wanna get ones like those. and instead of the edge III you could put in a different edge or a FR. or even a Kramer or something, i haven't done too much customizing of my own.
Thanks! I will look into that. Does anyone know how easy it is to put in a floyd rose because thats about all i really like about my guitar...how easy would it be to put a floydrose in a telecaseter? or a lespaul?
Yep, upgrade the edge III.
Here's some info on the Ibanez trems.
http://lawl.net/gtr/trems

As for pickups, a common upgrade is to get dimarzios.
Maybe try a tonezone and a paf-pro?

One thing I would do is repaint it, Fluro colors look really good on RG's to me

Anyway, RGs are fun guitars, good luck!
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
u might to do some routing but if u already had an edge tremolo not much routing would need to be done if any. Its easy to install, when u take off the edge, just pay attention to where everything is