Okay, I have windows and i was wondering if i could install garageband or an application similar to that on windows. And if there's a free one out there then I would be extremely happy if i was linked to it.

thanks!
love is love // return to dust
Audacity is free, and from what I hear, most cheap bastards love it.

Note: Garageband is probably the most noob-friendly program out there. So don't expect anything to be as easy as Garageband.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Audacity is free, and from what I hear, most cheap bastards love it.

Yeah, but does it have the same capabilities as garageband? Im looking for all the features that garageband has without the price and stuff.
Quote by tancanada
Yeah, but does it have the same capabilities as garageband? Im looking for all the features that garageband has without the price and stuff.

What features are you looking for specifically? No it's not the exact same program. It is an Audio Workstation though, which lets you edit and arrange audio.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
What features are you looking for specifically? No it's not the exact same program. It is an Audio Workstation though, which lets you edit and arrange audio.

Just like how on garageband you can kinda create your own music I guess?
go to a store like Office Depot if Audacity isnt up to your standards. They have some cheap and decent software there.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
thats really REALLY weird..

i was just googling this not more than 5 minutes ago.

im looking for something with the "virtual" instruments so i can make my own songs and stuff.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by tancanada

Garageband is Mac only. There are a few good samplers and synths and stuff, but they cost upwards of $300.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by tancanada

You mean how Garageband has loops you can throw anywhere and they sound good? I'm not sure, because I don't have Audacity, but I'm pretty certain Audacity does not have a loop library. This means you need to record or Import your own music/sounds in order to have music.

The idea of an audio workstation is to create music, haha. They all do that.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Audacity will start to freeze up if you get like 10+ tracks on it. It's not an over-all good program, i use it for bare minimum recording.

I don't know anything better that's free though. You could always torrent any program though. NOT THAT I ADVOCATE THIS.
Quote by tancanada

Then you'll have to go code one yourself. Mac software is unique and expensive for a reason.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by GibsonRocker14
thats really REALLY weird..

i was just googling this not more than 5 minutes ago.

im looking for something with the "virtual" instruments so i can make my own songs and stuff.

Spoony_Bard, this is what Im trying to say. lol
Quote by tancanada
Spoony_Bard, this is what Im trying to say. lol

Yeah, I answered that. Loops are the virtual instruments he's talking about. I don't think Audacity has loops. In fact, I don't think that any free program has loops. Garageband isn't free software, either. It comes on Macbooks (actually I heard it doesn't anymore) that you pay $1000+ on, and if you buy it alone it costs money.

A couple options:

-You can find and download loop libraries off the internet and import loops into Audacity. There's a few problems with this though. One, it's kind of a hassle. Two, you're at the mercy of the quality of free internet loops...you probably won't find what you're looking for. Three, apparently someone said Audacity crashes a lot if you have too many tracks. Yikes.

-Look into MIDI. I don't know the MIDI capabilities of Audacity, but MIDI is basically the best way to do 'virtual instruments'. Read up about it. UG has some good articles if you *gasp* leave the Pit.

-Play this game: http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-548.htm

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Yeah, I answered that. Loops are the virtual instruments he's talking about. I don't think Audacity has loops. In fact, I don't think that any free program has loops. Garageband isn't free software, either. It comes on Macbooks (actually I heard it doesn't anymore) that you pay $1000+ on, and if you buy it alone it costs money.

A couple options:

-You can find and download loop libraries off the internet and import loops into Audacity. There's a few problems with this though. One, it's kind of a hassle. Two, you're at the mercy of the quality of free internet loops...you probably won't find what you're looking for. Three, apparently someone said Audacity crashes a lot if you have too many tracks. Yikes.

-Look into MIDI. I don't know the MIDI capabilities of Audacity, but MIDI is basically the best way to do 'virtual instruments'. Read up about it. UG has some good articles if you *gasp* leave the Pit.

-Play this game: http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-548.htm

Dammit

Okay, Ill look into the MIDI stuff.

And this game is addicting. lol
I realize I'm waking a long dead thread here, but it is possible to get GB on a PC. It's very expensive from what I've seen, and there's a special sort of mini-mac you need to play it through, so you aren't exactly playing on Windows, but it's with your PC. I don't know all the details but some guy called hangtime or something has a website he made for GB stuff and that was in his FAQ.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10