I was gonna save for the 6505, but it's too damn expensive for me right now. I'm pretty close to the $900 for the valveking, so please provide me eith some feedback and positives and negatives. Thanks in advance!
I've heard the valveking is good but not really for metal. the 6505 is great for metal, a high gain amp. This is stuff I've learned over time. Depends upon your style of music. ValveKing can probably handle metal just not as well. It's supposedly very versatile.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Keep saving IMO.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
valveking = no
6505+ 1x12 combo = worth the wait

genres you play???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'm pretty much solely metal... dang... So I should save? Like, why is it bad for metal?
For a hundred more you can get the Peavey 3120 half stack from Guitar Center, and it's an all-round superior amp to the Valveking.

I'd recommend not buying the halfstack, however - if I were you I'd just pick up the head and a Vader cab.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Dude, if you have 900, you can get a used 5150 and 5150 4x12 cab

I like the VK for certain things, but not for things one would use a 5150/6505 for.
I was warned away form the 6505 combo before though. I also heard that the 6505+ cuts back on the gain, compared to the 6505.
Almost every hardcore and metal band has used one at some point.

I've never heard that about the 6505+ but even still, It'll have a ****ton of gain. The VK doesn't even have that much gain
Quote by MightySumo
I was warned away form the 6505 combo before though. I also heard that the 6505+ cuts back on the gain, compared to the 6505.

if anybody thinks that the 6505+ doesnt have enough gain, then they are out of their minds. on a 6505, if you have an ear for tone, your gain would never pass 5, so i dont see why anyone would encounter gain problems on the 6505+
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by MightySumo

Even if it had less gain, somehow (which it doesn't), it would still have way too much gain.

Like I said, you can get a 5150 head for 500, and still have 400 for a cab. I don't see the problem here
if u play metal then dont go valveking. save up like others have said.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
The problem is that I have no idea where to start looking for a used 5150 head and cab.
Quote by MightySumo
The problem is that I have no idea where to start looking for a used 5150 head and cab.

I haven't done this in a while.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/msg/1010807717.html
I'll check Ebay in a while, I don't know how to use Craigslist, and no store within 150 miles carries Peavey halfstacks cept GC. And they're not 5150 halfstacks
you two have way to much time on your hands
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
you two have way to much time on your hands

Obviously.
Imgooley, that deal on the 5150-II head, do you think there is ultimately something wrong with it?
Quote by imgooley
Obviously.

I rarely post on UG now. I used to post ALL the time in GG&A like hours each night

Lately I've been so busy though, never get a change for UG!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by MightySumo
Imgooley, that deal on the 5150-II head, do you think there is ultimately something wrong with it?

Which one, the Ebay one?

There's probably nothing wrong with it, but the price will go up. It'll probably end up going around 5-600 dollars.