Definately the Ibanez.

My friend bought the Dean as his first bass, and the amp didn't even work. He had to return it and buy another Dean and a B10 (good amp but bad bass.)
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Anyone around here will tell you that the best starter pack is to NOT get a starter pack; though I'm pretty sure the Ibanez one is considered the LEAST crappy. Kind of like being the least ugly severe burn victim.

You're better off just getting a good cheap bass and a good cheap amp, especially if you can find them used. Look at the marvelous FAQ we have, it's stickied for your convenience!
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
ibanez are great money/quality IME
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Squier is good for the price.

I had the Dean Edge 09 starter pack, after a few months I was having problems with both the bass and the amp. I've owned an Ibanez, they make good products, but I haven't heard anything specific about their starter pack.

IMO, a starter pack isn't going to give you great great stuff, but for starting out and being on a tight budget, they're a good value.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Quote by Metalbassist6
whylater dont forget cliff burton

...Cliff Burton doesn't have an "le" in his name. :\
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
go with ibanez for metal.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
lol oops sorry didnt really know you were doing everyone with an "le" thought it just was your favorite bassists im stupid