which amp would be best?
Marshall AVT halfstack or Peavy Valve King (212 or halfstack) both would be used off ebay or something? Im playing in a church band thats plays anberlin to casting crowns and i also play in a rock band thats plays Theory of a Deadman to Avenged Sevenfold so i need an amp with alot of diff sounds. But please help me pick or suggest a better amp. I dont really want to pay over $800 for an amp. Thanks for any helpful comments!
Well, for $800 you can do a LOT better.

Sounds like you want something pretty versatile...

Maybe a Peavey Classic 30 or POSSIBLY a Bugera if you're more interested in a little more distortion (and the possibility of getting a bad one).
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
^ good recs.

TS - what major city do you live near, have you checked your craigslist?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I live a few hours outta st. louis so there isnt really any place to try any amps out so reading what people say about amps on this website really helps. But ill look into some of those amps. thanks!
Can you travel to St Louis to try amps out?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by lespaulisgod
I live a few hours outta st. louis

So closer to Springfield? http://springfield.craigslist.org/msg/1001351761.html JCM2000 $550

Or St Louis? http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1030621920.html XXX $650

There are actually a few good amps on each site, I just pulled a couple to make an example.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah ill have to if all else fails. Theres a few little music shops around my area but they dont really sell anything worth buying, just some crate, ibanez, and a few others that dont really impress me. Also, would it be better to just save alittle longer and get say a used JCM 8/900 or something off ebay? Iv been looking and there around on there and they dont cost as much as i thought, even though its more then i wanna pay. But i am willing to pay alittle extra for a better sound.