Ok, so a week ago i went to guitar center so that they could put in EMG 81/85 ZW pickups.

I picked it up today when i got home it worked good but i couldn't get it to have distortion, I tried everything i could think of. When I came home I noticed the input(I'm not sure if that's what its called but, its where you connect the cable to go to the amp) was higher than I remember it. I put it in half way and i got distortion, but I couldn't sound clean. Also, half way in the tone and volume knobs don't work.

What do I do? or do I have to bring it back?
^that

you payed for it they should do it properly
and next time I'd take it to a local shop guitar center probably ripped you off big time if you payed over round 40-50 bucks.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Take it back pronto

and use a less ambiguous thread title next time

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You should have just replaced them yourself.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Gibshall
^that

you payed for it they should do it properly
and next time I'd take it to a local shop guitar center probably ripped you off big time if you payed over round 40-50 bucks.

I paid $162
^is that including the cost of the pickups though? Or just to change them. EMGs are fairly pricey so that might be reasonable if that includes fitting.

Anyway, I'd take it back like all the other fine chaps suggested.
take it back, get it fixed, then slap the guy who screwed it up. In that order.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by supergerbil
^is that including the cost of the pickups though? Or just to change them. EMGs are fairly pricey so that might be reasonable if that includes fitting.

Anyway, I'd take it back like all the other fine chaps suggested.

No, The EMGs were $175
^ no, i think those little smilies things should go towards paying the $160 for the guy to do it in the first place when all he needed was a $20 soldering iron..