I got a new epi prophecy ex on monday. it seemed fine but the more i play it, the more i notice an annoying fret buzz. mainly on the big e string, but on others too.

I took it to the guitar shop and they said one of the strings was too low so they put some filler in where it goes through to the headstock.

I got it home and played it and it still does it on some of the other strings. I was wondering if the humidity in my house vs. the guitar shop could have an effect. I didn't notice it at all when I bought it.

Can I adjust the nut to make it go away, I don't want to take it back to the shop again bcause I think their dumb. This was a problem I had on another guitar and they could'nt fix it. Which is one reason I got the new prophecy.

I may just take it somewhere else and get it set up, but I would prefer to do it myself.

I tried raising the trem but it didnt really help until it got so high that i could no longer play it.
Adjust the truss rod. Give it a little bow and it should fix your problem
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
If its real new, then it may just be because its new and the strings are probably new too. Whenever I put new strings on they usually buzz for a few days until they get all nice and stretched out.
Quote by EndOfNothing656
Adjust the truss rod. Give it a little bow and it should fix your problem

No, don't go adjusting your truss rod if you don't know what you're doing.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
No, don't go adjusting your truss rod if you don't know what you're doing.

I just took mine and turned it 180 degrees and it works perfectly, but this guitar is from the 80s lol.
click the green link in my sig, measure the necks relief. post back
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Could be action, could be truss rod. Do what JJ1565 says, you will be glad you did.
Quote by yellojeeper

Can I adjust the nut to make it go away, I don't want to take it back to the shop again bcause I think their dumb.

Quote by yellojeeper

I don't want to take it back to the shop again bcause I think their dumb.

Quote by yellojeeper

bcause I think their dumb.

Sorry, I can't work with this.
Quote by DEATHPANDA

This was a problem I had on another guitar and they could'nt fix it. Which is one reason I got the new prophecy.
Quote by DEATHPANDA

no no no. Go ahead and be more blunt, he obviously didn't pick up on the problem.

Screw it, I'll do it.

Quote by yellojeeper
bcause I think their dumb.

Ironic to call someone dumb when you can't spell because and use the possessive their versus they're.

Seriously though, click the link and jj1565's signature, check and if needed adjust the neck relief, and then check and adjust action if needed.
I had buzz on one of my guitars when I fisrt got it. I played it alot for a week and it went away. If you find it is still doing it then see which strings do it at which fretts. You may find the low E is the worst and it gets better / goes away as you go to the higher strings. Let the shop know what you find and they will be able to sort it out for you. You may find you prefer a higher action than standard or just happen to play the guitar harder than most people.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
no no no. Go ahead and be more blunt, he obviously didn't pick up on the problem.

Screw it, I'll do it.

Ironic to call someone dumb when you can't spell because and use the possessive their versus they're.

Seriously though, click the link and jj1565's signature, check and if needed adjust the neck relief, and then check and adjust action if needed.

absurdity to point out the absurd.
Last edited by yellojeeper at Feb 21, 2009,
if you want guitar help, then click the funking link.

if you want a grammar lesson then go to ultimate grammar.com
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by DEATHPANDA

then dont post. because it spams the thread and i cant get anything done.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
if you want guitar help, then click the funking link.

if you want a grammar lesson then go to ultimate grammar.com

like, I clicked on the link, thanks.
yeah, click measure and post back with results.

nevermind...

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
then dont post. because it spams the thread and i cant get anything done.

I didn't think it mattered because this is basically a spam thread anyway. There are plenty of threads on dealing with fretbuzz.

tl;dr bitch should have used the searchbar.