Isole are a brilliant epic doom band from Sweden. Despite being Swedish, the band's sound is more akin to England's Solstice than it is to Candlemass.

Forevermore and Throne of Void are absolutely essential doom albums. Bliss of Soltitude is not much worse either. The vocalist Daniel Bryntse has one of the best and most compelling voice in all of metal.

The new album, Silent Ruins, is being released in under two weeks. Judging from samples, it's shaping up to be one of the best releases of 2009(as long as the growls are kept to an absolute minimum).

http://www.myspace.com/isole

http://www.forevermore.se/
Awesome band! Bliss of Solitude is excellent. I have Throne of Void but, sadly, haven't gotten around to giving it a proper listening to yet.

Highly anticipating Silent Ruins.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
As am I. Despite being leaked, I haven't heard it yet. I plan to buy it on the USA release date though.
I remember hearing a song of theirs on some compilation, sounded good. What album do you guys recommend I start with?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I've tried all of their albums, Throne Of Void still stands as my favorite. That album never disappoints.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
They are pretty good. I've been listening to them for a while since I heard on of their songs on a Terrorizer compilation.
Isole are good and everything, but lately I've kinda started to... not exactly dislike 'em but just don't find them so interesting anymore

but that doesn't mean I wouldn't give Forevermore or Throne Of Void a spin every now and then, but I didn't even bother to get Bliss Of Solitude

I prefer Mirror Of Deception, While Heaven Wept and Solstice and such over Isole nowadays
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by \Powerslave/
Throne of Void. Their best and most consistent album thus far.

Will do
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Kepulix
Isole are good and everything, but lately I've kinda started to... not exactly dislike 'em but just don't find them so interesting anymore

but that doesn't mean I wouldn't give Forevermore or Throne Of Void a spin every now and then, but I didn't even bother to get Bliss Of Solitude

I prefer Mirror Of Deception, While Heaven Wept and Solstice and such over Isole nowadays

This is probably from the fact that the music is very formulatic. The same epic vocal lines, droning guitars, lack of original leads, and double bass fetish(these are alot more apparent on Bliss of Solitude).

It makes Isole lack a certain touch that makes you want to play it over and over, unlike Solstice and the bands you mentioned. Then again, most bands pale in comparisson to Solstice

Regardless, Throne of Void and Forevermore are still very good and enjoyable ablbums.
Ya'll niggas be ignoring an epic band right here.

Silent Ruins was pretty good, not astounding but still great. I listened to the debut today and felt...complete. Perfect music for what seems to be an unbelievably depressing holiday.
^ I still need to get their debut, I already have the rest of their discog. How does it compare?

I just listened to the song Demon Green a few minutes ago actually. F'ing beautiful song that is!

I must say that I am a pretty huge fan of this band. The vox are some of my favorite in metaldom.
Looking forward to seeing this band with Pagan Altar, while my opinion about them hasn't much changed since my last comment, I'm sure they'll be a great live band
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

i came really close to getting this an album by these guys but instead got 'watching from a distance' by warning. (most depressing 1 hour i've spent in my life)
Quote by Kepulix

agreed, though I think they've developed as a band. Not quite the Solstice standard though, no...

and to the guy that bought the Warning album instead, you made the right decision.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Great band, haven't heard anything i've disliked.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
agreed, though I think they've developed as a band. Not quite the Solstice standard though, no...

and to the guy that bought the Warning album instead, you made the right decision.

That's quite a high standard. A bit unfair to constantly compare them to Solstice, IMO. And I'd have to agree on your second point.

What I like about this band is that they're constantly developing with each release, in a different way each time. Definitely a band to constantly watch out for.

I'd also just like to mention that rest Brynste's acts are top notch. Windwalker is soooo good, but I haven't given them a spin in a while. I don't even have to say how much I <3 Ereb Altor. Even Withered Beauty are pretty cool.
I certainly agree about them growing and developing, so I'm keeping an eye on them. I just haven't listened to them regularly for a while now. that's all

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
This stuff is class....I picked up Throne Of Void a while ago...so good...in fact I shall give it a spin right now!
I don't know what it is about this band. But I think I've listened to them the most lately. They aren't amazing. They aren't one of the best bands ever, but they have something.

I think it has a lot to do with Brynste. Isole just perfectly capture the feeling of melancholy. They've been able to reflect my mood the last few months. I just can't get enough of the debut.
Last time I listened they sounded solid but didn't impress me. Off to YouTube...
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
Last time I listened they sounded solid but didn't impress me. Off to YouTube...

Listen to Demon Green.

To Powerslave: Same here, Broseph Stalin. Isole has been constantly getting large amounts of listening time from me since I first discovered them about a year ago. I still need this bands debut though.
The debut is their rawest, but sometimes I consider it their best. It's very rough around the edges and the band clearly sounds like they're in their "infancy". But the self-titled track gets me everytime and Moonstone gets pretty damn vicious.
I am disappoint with your posts, fellows.

Throne of Void is one of the best releases I have heard...a perfect release to me. Something that plenty of bands have tried before and failed to do.

Couple that with By Honour and my life is made. I live for this. In fact, I'm not sure how anyone could listen to Throne of Void and at any point think "hmm...this is alright". It just oozes beautiful. It's simple and formulaic, but powerful, emotional and imaginative. Progresses just at the right moments to not seem boring, but rather thought-out.

I don't know. I feel like I'm the only one that really has this incredibly strong emotion evoked by Isole/Ereb Altor. I mean, holy ****, Life? is one of the most eerie and beautiful songs ever. So simple in theory, yet emotionally complex - the entire album really leads up to this song and delivers in fine style.
I've found Jesus
I enjoy Ereb Altor a lot.

Isole I can't say i've listened to though. Everytime I write up some heartwrenching display of emotion, it just gets ignored. So, my point is...I'll go listen to Isole now.
Quote by Contraband

Throne of Void is one of the best releases I have heard...a perfect release to me. Something that plenty of bands have tried before and failed to do.

Couple that with By Honour and my life is made. I live for this. In fact, I'm not sure how anyone could listen to Throne of Void and at any point think "hmm...this is alright". It just oozes beautiful. It's simple and formulaic, but powerful, emotional and imaginative. Progresses just at the right moments to not seem boring, but rather thought-out.

I don't know. I feel like I'm the only one that really has this incredibly strong emotion evoked by Isole/Ereb Altor. I mean, holy ****, Life? is one of the most eerie and beautiful songs ever. So simple in theory, yet emotionally complex - the entire album really leads up to this song and delivers in fine style.

I've always loved Isole. I think their music is just a little too formulaic at times, but my opinion has been changing of them more and more lately.

I've really been trying to avoid listening to music that really makes me feel any form of sadness or melancholy. I just can't handle that at this point in my life. Throne of Void accomplishes that all too well.

Brynste's "blackened heavy metal" project, Windwalker, is great too. It's really hard to find, but I'll grab it again and make a thread/upload just for you guys! It's really good, but not quite as matured as Ereb Altor. More Bathory worship is never a bad thing though, right?
Quote by \Powerslave/
I've always loved Isole. I think their music is just a little too formulaic at times, but my opinion has been changing of them more and more lately.

I've really been trying to avoid listening to music that really makes me feel any form of sadness or melancholy. I just can't handle that at this point in my life. Throne of Void accomplishes that all too well.

Brynste's "blackened heavy metal" project, Windwalker, is great too. It's really hard to find, but I'll grab it again and make a thread/upload just for you guys! It's really good, but not quite as matured as Ereb Altor. More Bathory worship is never a bad thing though, right?

I thought for a little about why not a single second of ToV was boring to me and it probably has to do with the tone of the distortion and the clean approach to Bryntse's vocal production/performance. I just love how it's monolithically sorrowful, yet monotonous in its approach. I'm sorry to bring Meshuggah into this, but part of why I love those guys is because the sonic weight of the music really brings you in and works with the monotony. You grow addicted to that one flavour and its ability to never let down one specific atmosphere. And that's how it is with Isole.

Thanks for uploading Windwalker, I'll check that out asap. Bathory worship always seems like a great idea.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Mar 3, 2010,
Quote by Contraband

I whole heartedly agree. And despite your many frustrating posts, I now like you a fair bit more.
Last edited by Penisaur at Mar 4, 2010,
Quote by Penisaur
I whole heartedly agree. And despite your many informative posts, I now like you a fair bit more.

Fix'd. I you too.
I've found Jesus
Been binging on these dudes an awful lot lately. Excellent music. Come to Me off the newest is perfect.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Aye, Born From Shadows is a great record all around.

Isole is still one of my favorite bands. They just have something a lot of other bands lack, to me....
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Currently listening to Born From Shadows for a review I've been asked to do.
Just thought I'd come into this thread and see what the general consensus was.

Personally I'm finding all the right elements are there, but yet there's an unquantifiable magic missing about it. Like you feel it should be great, but instead it's just decent.
To each their own, sir. I guess I can understand that. But I really still find it quite great.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I'll see what subsequent listens throws up. I like to give albums at the least 4 plays before finishing a review, and just sort of take notes and form opinions as I go.
It had potential, so who knows.