HI!!!

so im getting about $300 foar mah B-day *hoooray*
on i was thinking of buyin an amp.......
so have you ever tried a Laney AOR??
is it a tube amp??
can it do Thrash metal and metal core??
can you compare it to a Peavey 6505???

and other question
should i get a Laney AOR for mah b-day or just save the money and buy a bunch of pedals and a 6505+ combo (or a 3120) for Christmas????

why Christmas??
because of Coupons,Deals,Lots of used items and i'll have more money....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 20, 2009,
AOR is a tube amp, but it is best suited to cleans, crunch, classic, and blues. It is by no means a 6505. Save the money for the 3120 if you play metal.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
AOR is a tube amp, but it is best suited to cleans, crunch, classic, and blues. It is by no means a 6505. Save the money for the 3120 if you play metal.

This, though it can do Stoner metal EXCELLENTLY well.

It's like a 2204.
I'd say it hits grunge and old metal pretty well. It's more classic or vintage voiced and has a fair amount of gain, but isn't modern metal voiced by any means.

bostonrocks has one, maybe check his clips for a reference if you can't find any on Youtube.
Yeah, its compared to JCM800's a fair bit. It would be good for older metal, but it isnt really high gain.
Don't get it, the cleans on the AOR are easily the worst i have ever heard. The EQ is not very responsive, lead sounds dull and drab.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
Don't get it, the cleans on the AOR are easily the worst i have ever heard. The EQ is not very responsive, lead sounds dull and drab.

Must have had a dead tube

Never have I heard an AOR described this way.

But then again, I think it excels in rhythm tones.
bostonrocks has one. the clips in his profile that he recorded with it sound pretty durned good imo
Quote by Austin_Scharosc

Definitely something wrong with that amp. Mine sounds great, very responsive EQ. Since it's based on the Marshall JCM800 of course its not going to have great cleans, but driven it sounds great. I love mine. I wouldn't recommend it for modern metal though, especially without an OD.