Page 1 of 2
Next week in New Zealand they are putting in a new BS law. If a music company accuses you of downloading copyrighted music (whether they are right or not) then your ISP has to cut your internet service!! How ****ed is that? If they accuse you, then that's it, you don't get a trial or anything, your internet is gone. Does any other country have this law??

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4813173a28.html

92A-E is the new law.
http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2008/0027/latest/DLM1122643.html
Damn, that's really harsh. It makes sense, except for the 'having no trial' part.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

In my country the music company would be allowed to get my personal information through my IP address and then sue my ass.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Cool.

*Does not live in New Zealand*

*Continues using torrents*

amen to that
what if you illegally downloaded stuff in a public wireless hotspot?
Better than them sueing the **** out of you?
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by Rockford_rocks
I don't think you understand.

He could blame an "unknown" hacker for using his unprotected network. I think that worked for someone in Norway/Danmark
well, that sucks balls.
do you love...ARSIS
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i believe you may be our saviour
all hail lordllama!
That's not "fucked" at all. They have a problem with you stealing their property, so they're correcting it. You wouldn't say it's "fucked" to ban guns after a bunch of people get shot. So cry some more about not being able to get free shit.
You're*
Blah to copywrite infringements. I've discovered a lot of bands from P2P sharing and then went out and bought their cd's. If I really like a band then I will buy the cd. And if they are a good band every song on the cd should be a good one.
Into this house we're born, Into this world we're thrown - Riders on the storm The Doors
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Cool.

*Does not live in New Zealand*

*Continues using torrents*
Feels good man.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by chaoticfables
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I live in New Zealand. And I download heaaaps of stuff.

So do I.

This law is complete bullshiit. Not only does it defeat the purpose of a right to a fair trial, it also could technically break privacy laws. Of course the massive list of flaws doesn't help either.

Welcome to the west's worst police state.

You wouldn't say it's "fucked" to ban guns after a bunch of people get shot.
America does.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Last edited by Taydr at Feb 20, 2009,
Quote by Survivalism
That's not "fucked" at all. They have a problem with you stealing their property, so they're correcting it. You wouldn't say it's "fucked" to ban guns after a bunch of people get shot. So cry some more about not being able to get free shit.

i would say thats f*cked, because people should have the right to have guns
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by mightywarrior
He could blame an "unknown" hacker for using his unprotected network. I think that worked for someone in Norway/Danmark

...you're forgetting the bit about having no trial...
So do I.

This law is complete bullshiit. Not only does it defeat the purpose of a right to a fair trial, it also could technically break privacy laws. Of course the massive list of flaws doesn't help either.

Welcome to the west's worst police state.
Yes, exactly. And how are they supposed to know? They'll probably just randomly pick people and the people who don't download will complain and the rest wont...
How easy is it to be caught downloading illegal stuff? I rarely hear of anybody being caught, and if they do, its because its college students downloading illegal stuff on campus service providers.
Quote by Watterboy
How easy is it to be caught downloading illegal stuff? I rarely hear of anybody being caught, and if they do, its because its college students downloading illegal stuff on campus service providers.

I've heard that's it's actually super easy, it's just that cops don't care cause they've got "better things to do." But, that's just what I've heard...
Dude, do what I do: go buy the music, and then return it for 76% store credit. You end up paying 10 bucks for like 60+ songs, which is cheaper than the cost of the internet used to download the music.

I prefer albums to singles anyway.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Cheesemaster
I'm surprised America hasn't come up with this yet, but whatever...
(continues torrenting)

Shhhhhh...

Be careful.
That's the good thing of living in Venezuela/Latin America, autorities don't care if you download mucis illegaly.

I'd prefer to buy my music thought, we just don't get good CDs and we don't have an iTunes store.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by guitarsonist
Yes, exactly. And how are they supposed to know? They'll probably just randomly pick people and the people who don't download will complain and the rest wont...

Man I know! This law is gay..I mean that means we can't download practically ANY FILE off the internet, even from Google Images or Guitar Pro tabs off UG!!
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by Self Infliction
Blah to copywrite infringements. I've discovered a lot of bands from P2P sharing and then went out and bought their cd's. If I really like a band then I will buy the cd. And if they are a good band every song on the cd should be a good one.

This
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
BAA what a load of shut brew! Oo wull I guss its butter then thum gutting sued for suxty suxty thousand dollars.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by hazardmaster
Man I know! This law is gay..I mean that means we can't download practically ANY FILE off the internet, even from Google Images or Guitar Pro tabs off UG!!

Nah but pictures aren't copyrighted are they? And the music companies don't care about pictures or tabs (that's the wanker MPA's job)
That is so wrong.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by guitarsonist

Let's put it this way. I have some music up, so I can accuse everybody of downloading it. I guess the whole country has no internet now.

Quote by Watterboy

It's actually pretty hard without infringing privacy laws. To know you'd have to trace a user, which is only legal with a warrant, which can only be obtained by proving probable cause.

Quote by hazardmaster

Well technically we can't even access the internet. Logic:
Every website I've seen contains copyright material, even wiki and google.
Repeatedly = more than once.

Hence every single internet user in NZ is already guilty, and I accuse them all of it. Let's see how long we as a nation last with no internet access whatsoever.

I am willing of stating all this on national t.v. when this is passed.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by Survivalism

Stealing removes the physical product, whereas file sharing is making copies of the original. Sometimes ones that are quite inferior.

And without file sharing, I wouldn't have bought most of the 60+ CDs I currently own.
Page 1 of 2