Page 1 of 2
ok, skate punk is the music of skateing punks. Evan though kating got it's roots from California (being from Sacremento myself ), im in favour for it. But, Hardcore punk is the grasp of most bands, and if it weren't for Hardcore punk, we wouldn't have Nirvana or any grunge music at all, so lets battle it out here.
What's with all these terrible threads lately?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
No vs. threads.

*reported*

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Skate punk is bad ass

Hardcore punk is badass

I listen to it all, who cares man, listen and enjoy
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
hardcore is better imo
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by axeslash

hey yo, you have a problem with my thread kid, you think of a better one Ass Hole
Quote by axeslash

agreed

this is a vs thread too so its against the rules(even though i dont see whats wrong with some vs threads)

but to contribute before this gets closed, i prefer skate punk.

A lot of hardcore punk sounded the same, and while I listen to it, I only listen to a few bands that did it like Bad Brains, Black Flag, and Dead Kennedys.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by gibsonfirebirdv
hey yo, you have a problem with my thread kid, you think of a better one Ass Hole

your calling him kid when your younger than him?

Im sure he could think of a better one though, even i could.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by gibsonfirebirdv
Oh man, that made me laugh so hard. Well done, I couldn't have imitated a dumb cunt that well.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
your calling him kid when your younger than him?

Im sure he could think of a better one though, even i could.

ok, lets see him try
The post above me sums up how I feel about the OP.
Everyone knows that THE BANANAS are the best band from Sacramento. If Northern California gives you a bias towards anything it should be to drinking a **** ton of blatz, being a vegan and listening to THE BANANAS all the time.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by axeslash

I would also like to know this.
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by axeslash

I know the answer to that.

that off topic thread has made the regulars not post threads as much anymore.

so now we got all these d-bags starting them
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
I know the answer to that.

that off topic thread has made the regulars not post threads as much anymore.

so now we got all these d-bags starting them
That makes a lot more sense than my theory. It involved a combination of The Illuminati, The Zog, and Ted, that guy who lives down the street from me and listens to metalcore.
Quote by axeslash
That makes a lot more sense than my theory. It involved a combination of The Illuminati, The Zog, and Ted, that guy who lives down the street from me and listens to metalcore.

go on...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
How could you guys not mention this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7EkuGCfkYI

Skate and Destroy is THE skate punk song.

Skate punk doesn't exactly describe the actual music, but more of it's background. It has to be punk and has to have fast drumming, but that doesn't really count.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I've always had strong feelings against skate, to be honest. It's all the same generic and passionless stuff and is too dometicated and accessible to be real punk in my opinion.

Hardcore, by contrast was much more "real" in a sense that it had no rules and spawned such groundbreaking bands as Black Flag.
Quote by toyboxmonster
I've always had strong feelings against skate, to be honest. It's all the same generic and passionless stuff and is too dometicated and accessible to be real punk in my opinion.

Hardcore, by contrast was much more "real" in a sense that it had no rules and spawned such groundbreaking bands as Black Flag.
I like you. High five.
Quote by toyboxmonster

I was under the impression that The Faction and JFA were "skate punk," and they basicly sound like hardcore to me based on the few songs I've heard from each.
Traditionally, Skate Punk is the same thing as hardcore, just with lyrics about skating.

This thread sucks.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by lavazza
violent and dick-ruled is too often mixed with real in my opinion

I singled out Black Flag because they were one of the more interesting and avant-garde bands to emerge from the hardcore scene. The same is true of Flipper, Husker Du, and early emo bands (Embrace, Rites of Spring). Hardcore led to all sorts of experimentation, influencing everyone from noise-rock acts like Sonic Youth, to grungers like Nirvana and Mudhoney, to second-wave emo groups like Fugazi, and to post-hardcore that ranged from generic (hot water music) to avant-garde (blood brothers, at the drive-in). In contrast, skate punk has remained virtually unchanged since its conception: boring, linear, structured, accessible. I couldn't distinguish between Millencollin, NOFX, early Offspring, etc... to save my life.
So by "real", I meant sincere and dedicated, as opposed to the lazy, half-assed efforts of several skate punk bands.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by toyboxmonster
I singled out Black Flag because they were one of the more interesting and avant-garde bands to emerge from the hardcore scene. The same is true of Flipper, Husker Du, and early emo bands (Embrace, Rites of Spring). Hardcore led to all sorts of experimentation, influencing everyone from noise-rock acts like Sonic Youth, to grungers like Nirvana and Mudhoney, to second-wave emo groups like Fugazi, and to post-hardcore that ranged from generic (hot water music) to avant-garde (blood brothers, at the drive-in). In contrast, skate punk has remained virtually unchanged since its conception: boring, linear, structured, accessible. I couldn't distinguish between Millencollin, NOFX, early Offspring, etc... to save my life.
So by "real", I meant sincere and dedicated, as opposed to the lazy, half-assed efforts of several skate punk bands.

I´m no Nofx fan, though I can see that they changed their musicial style. At the beginning they played something which sounded like californian hardcore and nowadays they show a certain ska influence.
A while ago we had a Skate Punk thread here, it ended up defining what skate punk is. Mav-16 for example said he listens to Black Flag and Circle Jerks (?) while skating, therefore they are skate punk.
Oh and di you ever listen to new hardcore? They sound all the same. I think lots of hardcore music is really good, like MDC or Reagan Youth, but I think these are bands which are different from the normal hardcore in attitudes.
Kira Roessler said that she asked herself why Black Flag wanted her, since they where really sexist at shows. That´s not real, that´s either a stupid sense of humour or it´s hypocrit, therefore the term "real" does not fit on hardcore in my opinion.
Quote by gibsonfirebirdv
skate punk is the music of skateing punks.

What?
two and a half men.
Quote by lavazza

Kira Roessler said that she asked herself why Black Flag wanted her, since they where really sexist at shows. That´s not real, that´s either a stupid sense of humour or it´s hypocrit, therefore the term "real" does not fit on hardcore in my opinion.

Okay. When you say real, you mean cool-guy, hip hop "tha's fo' real, homie" ("real here being the opposite of "wack")
When I say real, I mean true as in true art as in expression as in more than just trying to get a single on the charts ("real" here being the opposite of "fake")

We all saw American Hardcore and witnessed Roessler's demonstration of her stunted mental development. "Slip it in" isn't anti-women, it's anti-women who allow themselves to be seen solely as sexual objects. Even the minimal number of words you can make out without looking up the lyrics can tell you that.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Mar 8, 2009,
^I don´t have it in mind that good, but I bet Roessler knew waht she was saying, since she played in that band.........real as the opposite of fake.........uhm.........I think the whole hardcore scene was a kind of fashion, the first one did something, and others saw that it turns out to be good......that´s fashion.
I don´t have a problem with lots of hardcore, but I think there are many more honest subscenes of punk out there.
Quote by lavazza
^I don´t have it in mind that good, but I bet Roessler knew waht she was saying, since she played in that band.........real as the opposite of fake.........uhm.........I think the whole hardcore scene was a kind of fashion, the first one did something, and others saw that it turns out to be good......that´s fashion.
I don´t have a problem with lots of hardcore, but I think there are many more honest subscenes of punk out there.

lol I think you're misunderstanding me. Hardcore and Skate punk are both boring and unoriginal as a scene or as a style. The only praise I gave the genre is that it led to a lot of experimentation both within hardcore and out of it. There are only a handful of really great hardcore bands (of the original wave): Husker Du, Black Flag, Embrace, Flipper, Rites of Spring...
My problem is that Skate punk never led to anything even remotely interesting because, unlike hardcore, was generally just unmotivated (This is where the "real" argument comes in".
Quote by axeslash

Have I ever told you I love you?

Jack my swag
Quote by toyboxmonster

How the hell is Fugazi emo?
Page 1 of 2