Im trying to record some songs mainly for novelty, ranging from hard rock to metalcore/hardcore and metal. Now i already have the EzDrummer Vsti which im adoring, but i am absent a bass, and a preamp for recording acoustic guitar.
Just wonderin if theres any good VSTIs out there for either of these things.
Also just for fun, is there any good electric guitar VSTIs (distortion, solo, blues, any will do)?
Guitar Rig 3 is excellent.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Ampeg SVX is awesome get it unless you mean you are absent a bassline in which case you can get bass samples or bass software to make up basslines

and either get a USB interface with built in preamp, or you can get acoustic guitar software or samples for basic strumming etc. i used to just go for electric because you need a good mic as well as electro acoustic doesnt record well plugged
Last edited by DegaMeth at Feb 21, 2009,
those are VST effects guys, I think this dude wants VSTis...

Blue, Preadator and Albino all from Rob Papen as a general all around set, actually that guy just came out with a new one called RG which is a rhythm guitar simulator.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
those are VST effects guys, I think this dude wants VSTis...

Blue, Preadator and Albino all from Rob Papen as a general all around set, actually that guy just came out with a new one called RG which is a rhythm guitar simulator.

These are all synth VSTs with arpeggiators etc on them, not virtual instruments
Quote by DegaMeth
These are all synth VSTs with arpeggiators etc on them, not virtual instruments

any computer based synth is a virtual instrument not just the ones that sound like guitars and whatnot (most of which are pretty terrible and not worth the money anyway)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 21, 2009,
What's your budget? Are you looking for any instruments in particular? There are so many VSTi's out there, you really need to nail those things down first before we can recommend anything.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.