Hey, I was through the local classifieds and found a Valveking 50w 112 for $200. I was wondering if I should sell my Flextone and get that. You can see the rest of my gear in my sig. I play mainly RHCP/Frusciante stuff, some Mars Volta, Clapton, a bit of heavier stuff from time to time like Megadeth and Iron Maiden. I'm mainly looking for a good clean tone. If you have any questions ask.

So UG, stick with the Flextone? or sell and get the VK?

Also, I tried out the UG Searchbar, but I felt it was too unresponsive for my tastes.
well to get his solo tones you gotta get a little big muff pi in my opinion. Absolutely love mine to death and with a strat and a wah you can freaking own dani california. but just stay clean and add a little extra bass. That will get you pretty close. But all amps vary a little so just tweak it here and there til you get the sound you want.
Quote by littlephil
The cleans on the VK wont be good enough for Froosh.

Thats what I was worried about, but I didn't know if it would be a step up from the Flextone. I might just wait awhile until I can get a Hot Rod Deluxe.
Quote by joe_k
you need a marshall and a strat. that is all. i played a strat though a marshall 1987x plexi re issue. gets pretty close imo.

EDIT: this is from 2001 but whatever. http://www.guitargeek.com/rigview/576/

Yeah, I've seen his rig and know a Marshall would be best, but I dont have that much money and was wondering what would be the closest I could get on a tight budget, probably only around $400-500 depending on what I could get after selling some of my unused gear. Thanks though for the help.
Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yeah, I've seen his rig and know a Marshall would be best, but I dont have that much money and was wondering what would be the closest I could get on a tight budget, probably only around $400-500 depending on what I could get after selling some of my unused gear. Thanks though for the help.

blackhearts have a great british sound to them in that price range.
defninately not the HRD. hell i don't think i have played anything that is quite like a nice marshall clean. can't think of any recommendations at the moment. sorry dude.
Thanks for the help guys, I guess I won't be getting the VK then, but I swore the HRD pretty highly recommended around here for RHCP tones. I'll go check out the BH at the local shop some time soon.
Your Flextone is a much better choice than the VK. Then again, I wouldn't recommend you the Fender HRD for Froosh tones. If you can find one, try a Laney VC30, that would suit you pretty well.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby