So my high E string snapped on me today, yeah I know.. woooooo.
here's the weird part: when I pulled the string off, I noticed the end that came loose still had the eyelet loop. After searching the floor I found the little ball/eyelet - split in half, like the string cut through it.

Tell me your weird guitar related breakages and malfunctions UG!
One time my string snapped, hit my pick, and snapped it, too. I use Fender thins btw.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
That is strange..

I'd like to tell you a story about when I broke a string while pulling upwards with my digitech whammy. But of course, its only funny in my head and its impossible..

I'll shut up now
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Quote by ede09
That is strange..

I'd like to tell you a story about when I broke a string while pulling upwards with my digitech whammy. But of course, its only funny in my head and its impossible..

I'll shut up now

i broke a string while in the middle of doing the bends at the end of "snow (hey oh)".

needless to say, i got into it too much.
Lol, the strings I've been breaking the most lately are D strings. When I'm tuned to Open G.

So that would be the fourth string (just clarifying as to avoid confusion).

I break them at the bridge.

When I'm finger picking.

It's odd

Because I don't break high strings at all, unless I'm tuning.

That was a pointless post.
Quote by Skierinanutshel

i broke a string while in the middle of doing the bends at the end of "snow (hey oh)".

needless to say, i got into it too much.

those are some brutal bends you are doing

I break my strings at the bridge all the time....I think cause I pick REALLY heavily with THIIIIICK picks. xD
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i have only broken one string in my 4 years of playing... it scared the crap out of me i had no effing clue what was going on. there was a small dent in the wall where the eyelet shot out of the bridge and hit it was kind of funny after i saw what happened.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
I have an old Tacoma acoustic guitar that's all beat to hell, and the bridge bone quite literally came out when I was playing one day. and my new bone doesn't quite fit.

and I had an old ****ty rogue acoustic-electric (that, oddly enough, i threw out today), on which the nut snapped in two right at the low E.

and I have a Martin DCX1E, and KI was making rhythm on the abck of it, and the bracing broke, and the back and sides separated for about 6 inches.

i have bad luck with acoustic guitars.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I've broke 3 high e strings this month.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I've broken the G string tuning down to DADGAD.

TWICE

That's the only string I've broken on my acoustic, in fact.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Three times I have broken a thin e tuning down to C and once to Eb.
One time when I took my strings off they had some how become insanely brittle and I instead of pulling out the little loop they all just broke after I detuned them.
And someone I know broke a string on thier guitar 3 days after they started playing and him and his dad were trying to work out how to get the string out.He told me that they just pulled the string so hard that it ripped out of the (strat style) bridge....he then asked me why he couldn't fit his new string in.
Needless to say I instanly face palmed.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I broke my high e once...

It penetrated me 3 inches
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Quote by echo_4190
I've broken the G string tuning down to DADGAD.

TWICE

That's the only string I've broken on my acoustic, in fact.

That happens all the time.

And it's really bad when the string that breaks isn't the one you're tuning
Quote by imgooley
That happens all the time.

And it's really bad when the string that breaks isn't the one you're tuning

Now THAT hasn't happened to me yet. :P

Quote by Gwynnell
I broke my high e once...

It penetrated me 3 inches

That's what she said.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
I have an Alvarez 12 string acoustic i bought 4 or 5 years ago that came in standard D tuning. apparently that was intentional and it was really supposed to be tuned to standard E for whatever reason. I didnt know about this until about a year later when for a few weeks straight while laying in bed at night I occasionally heard the sound of strings rapidly losing small amounts of tension and also the sound of wood cracking. The guitar was in the same room I was sleeping in, but for some reason I never thought much of the sounds. Then one night I heard a sound that could only be replicated by an entire bridge and the pins and strings of a 12 string acoustic guitar quite literally tearing from the body of the guitar instantaneously...because thats exactly what sound I had just heard lol. So I was out a 12 string acoustic and $400 dollars. I still have that guitar in that same room in the same stand hanging by its neck with the torn bridge and strings that are still connected to the head just dangling from it lol. stupid stupid stupid...
^ pics haha
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
im not home right now but I'll get a picture of it tomorrow if possible. its really funny and really depressing at the same time lol