Hey,

I've got a Marshall JCM 900 and when I use the reverb and let a note sustain, I get a rattling, dirty sound. Its not my distortion breaking up, and its not a physical rattle (i dont think).

Does reverb do this on some amps? Or is there something wrong with my reverb?
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
My JCM 800 does this from time to time.

I get horrible tube-rattle with my VJ, so chech out that too.
Quote by The Real Ming
My JCM 800 does this from time to time.

I get horrible tube-rattle with my VJ, so chech out that too.

Tube-rattle? Is it litterally just the tubes rattling?
I don't think thats my problem because it doesnt sound like a physical rattle, its in the actual signal. And it happens even on low volumes that wouldnt be able to rattle the tubes
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Tube-rattle is a physical rattle.

I don't know much about the JCM 900's. Does yours actually have a reverb tank? If so, that is probably what it is.

Any chance of recording it?
Quote by The Real Ming
Tube-rattle is a physical rattle.

I don't know much about the JCM 900's. Does yours actually have a reverb tank? If so, that is probably what it is.

Any chance of recording it?

I don't know a huge amount about amps. But when I bought it, the auction listing did say something about getting a new reverb tank, or new reverb or something...I don't have any recording, I'll see what kind of quality my phone can get.
I can email you a recording, but I can't upload into the forum.
It needs to be a multiple of 11khz for the sample rate. My converter doesn't give the option to change the sample rate. Is there an easy, quick way to change it?
Quote by nightraven
i wouldn't know. you should open up the spring reverb in your amp because the problem could be obvious

hehe COULD be obvious. I wouldnt know if something was wrong in there. I've never taken apart an amp. I've never even taken off the back metal grill before. If someone can get a photo of what it should look like, I'll take apart the amp and take a little peep.
I'm re-opening this thread,

I've opened the reverb tank and I *THINK* that the rattling is the springs rattling on each other. They are pretty loose/slack. Is there a way to tighten them? I'd try myself but I don't want to touch anything incase I break it, without knowing its ment to be touched.