Page 1 of 2

tonight was my first gig since i was..13?

and well the guy before me plays 3 of my 6 songs...so now i have to think of stuff off the top of my head to play...

i forgot a lot of lyrics..forgot parts of songs...messed up a lot...it was just an off night

worst part is my "friend" was there with me..laughing at me and stuff..telling me how bad i sucked

so anyways at the end of the night im talking to some really awesome and supportive musicians..and we are going to start a band

but my "friend" is being a jerk and making fun of these guys and me..and ughh

tonight was a confusing night..emotionally

Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
lol
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Open mic?

yeah...ughh

i knew it would happen..but im so much better than what i made myself look like tonight..

i needed to get used to crowds again but i didnt think i would be so bad...

Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Live performances aint about the music, theyre about the stage presence. As long as your hair was flying all over the place I wouldnt be too worried.
Yeah, that sucks but it happens. It's not something to be embarrassed about though. You just had a bad night. Your "friend" on the other hand, needs to calm down, have a coke and a smile and then realize how easy it is to criticize from the sidelines.

Oh and good luck with the new band I'm sure you'll be playing great shows in no time.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
This thread makes me feel uneasy. Whenever I screw up when I'm playing infront of people, I want to die.
see my singing sucks horribly..that was part of it too

and my "friend" and his sister..were making fun of me

i asked my friend if he wanted to get up there..he said hell no..but continued making fun of me

he ruined my spirits...

my stage presence was sub par..and yeah..ughh

i want to cry
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Ahh, don't worry man. It happens to the best of 'em.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
im really pumped about this new band though..

but my "friend" was just ughh...killed me and made me feel so low...
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by amazing FretMan
see my singing sucks horribly..that was part of it too

and my "friend" and his sister..were making fun of me

i asked my friend if he wanted to get up there..he said hell no..but continued making fun of me

he ruined my spirits...

my stage presence was sub par..and yeah..ughh

i want to cry

Again, it's so easy to stand in a crowd and make fun of those with the courage to get on stage and play. I always used to see these types coming to watch open mic nights at a local music store I used to play at. The difference with them is they weren't there watching their friends play...shameful.

Seriously, don't let them get in your way. Get this new band going and play your ass off.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Your friend is a coont.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by amazing FretMan
yeah...ughh

i knew it would happen..but im so much better than what i made myself look like tonight..

Open mics are awkward. Some nights they are awesome. I had some awesome open mic nights, and some terrible ones.

I had the best time in my life with one. We were jamming on Hey Joe and I was ripping up a solo and someone came in and said they heard it from three blocks away and had to come in to see it, that was awesome. And on another night we had the whole crowd's attention and my friend and I did a Weezer song that everyone loved and then he walked off and I jumped on to the mic and did Why Don't We Do It In The Road, and everyone applauded. Then my girlfriend's train got into town, and I lost my virginity that night. Best night ever!

Then there are nights that sucked. Couldn't hear myself, couldn't keep intune, all **** went down.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by terrencemaddox
Again, it's so easy to stand in a crowd and make fun of those with the courage to get on stage and play. I always used to see these types coming to watch open mic nights at a local music store I used to play at. The difference with them is they weren't there watching their friends play...shameful.

Seriously, don't let them get in your way. Get this new band going and play your ass off.

thanks for the kind words

i can tell that i will do great with this band and feel more confidence with them and stuff

tonight was rough though

hah..so many things were wrong..
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Oh, and the first time I played an open mic deal in six months, I got ripped drunk, and I was just ****ing around and I would step on my cable and unplug my guitar all the time, it was awful, but everyone who did listen thought it was awesome.

I got a big confidence boost that night.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by amazing FretMan
thanks for the kind words

i can tell that i will do great with this band and feel more confidence with them and stuff

tonight was rough though

hah..so many things were wrong..

Yeah man, I know how it goes. One time my pants fell off during the middle of a song. I have pasty white skin and the lights were right on them...nauseating. It sounds like I'm just making stuff up, but this did happen, mainly because the pants were very old and the button had long since fallen off from all the wear and tear. I loved them so I kept them (held up using an old belt from a football uniform), but in the end they turned on me.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

If your "friend" really was your friend he would have been supportive rather than acting like a jerk. I've known people like this and once I found out they were that way I 86'd em'. Your friends are supposed to be there for you and have your back no matter what. HE is not a true friend.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
Last edited by GraveMistake at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by GraveMistake
If your "friend" really was your friend he would have been supportive rather then a jerk. I've know people like this and once I find out that's how they act, they're 86'd. Your friends are supposed to be there for you and have your back no matter what. HE is not your friend.

your right..the only reason i hang out with him is because i have no one else...
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by amazing FretMan
im really pumped about this new band though..

but my "friend" was just ughh...killed me and made me feel so low...

Just think about it this way, no matter who you are, or how you're playing, everyone else wishes they were the one on stage.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Just think about it this way, no matter who you are, or how you're playing, everyone else wishes they were the one on stage.

really?
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by amazing FretMan
really?

No.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
s**t happens dude. every now and then you'll have bad nights. Part of the game. So cheer up and go ahead with your new band. best of luck!

Hey man, just laugh it off. No one's gonna remember. Turn it around and use it to learn. Next time have extra songs ready just in case.
Don't worry about it.

My band had a gig today and it went ok, though we've had a couple where it's just been horrible.

Just aspire to make the next one better.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
this happened to me, playing canon rock, i didnt play it all that badly som1 had fiddled with my amp before the show so when the heavy bit came in every1 was like WTF and i fixed amp kept playing didnt make a mistake for rest of song.
but now my mates just pay out on me, doenst get to me though none of them play guitar and i was 14 at the time my second big performance but yea it doesnt bother me that much you take the good with the bad i guess

Haha but in all seriousness, dont worry about it. My band ****s up ALLL THHEEEE TIMMEEE and we've even been snubbed by people running dances and stuff. You'll get better and be awesome with practice
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Forget about it. Move on to your best talent, which is creating incredibly hilarous threads.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by amazing FretMan
yeah...ughh

Led Zeppelin's first gig was apparently really crap

dont worry about it - if it didnt kill you it only made you stronger
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
The other musicians wouldn't want to start a band with you if they thought you were ****. Ignore your "friend", you might not have been as bad as you thought you were.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by amazing FretMan
really?

I like to think so. It just makes me more confident.

Quote by dio_dude
This thread makes me feel uneasy. Whenever I screw up when I'm playing infront of people, I want to die.

+1 seriously
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by AcousticSlayer
Beat the crap out of your "friend" and join the band. 'Nuff said.

i was gonna say shoot him in both kneecaps, but u kinda beat me to it
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by amazing FretMan

worst part is my "friend" was there with me..laughing at me and stuff..telling me how bad i sucked

but my "friend" is being a jerk and making fun of these guys and me..and ughh

you need to beat that "friend" of yours ass, right away
Don't worry, it happens to everyone. AND, if that 'friend' was a true friend, he should be supporting you and not laughing at you.
our first band practice was today..it went well..we wrote 2 songs together...the drummer couldnt make it though

it was still great
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Page 1 of 2