these guitars are about the same price range. i only got to try out the taylor not the seagull. which one do you guys think is better. the seagull is solid side and back and top. the taylor is only solid top.
Why don't you try out a Seagull and decide for yourself?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Why don't you try out a Seagull and decide for yourself?

it wasnt in stock
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... well actually, maybe the taylor...... hmmm.... too bad you didnt get to try the seagull... what do the reviews online say? like at musicians friend.

what did you think of the taylor? did it make you weak at the knees or only in the fingers?
Last edited by theWallofYAWN at Feb 21, 2009,
Well if oyu plan on playing plugged in.... do both have electronics?

Remember to try them plugged in!!!

And yeah... Did the Taylor sound and feel AMAZING!??!!?

I think the seagull and the Taylor will have totally different feels and sounds...

Try the seagull before deciding..

I liked my Taylor 210, I almost went for a 110 i found without electrics, because it sounded better than the 110 with electrics, and the 210 and all the other guitars in the whole store 0.o but I found a 210e to compete with it, and it was American made, and came with a hardshell case XP
actually I've tested this before with a standard seagull s6 and the taylor the s6 sounded way more full. I liked the volume of the taylor, but ultimately the seagull killed it in playability and sound
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
I say Seagull, but find one to play before you decide. It's all about personal preference though.
It'll come down to personal preference, but my vote is for the Seagull. I've tried one before, and I loved it. On the other hand, the tone of low-end Taylors disappoint me. For what you pay, the should sound much better than they do
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Oh I'll put my vote in for the Seagull as I don't generally like the 1 series of Taylors, that said you may have played a brilliant one.

I'd never buy a guitar that I haven't played. Would you buy a car that you haven't driven?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I would strongly suggest the Seagull. I've played both guitar and the Taylor's sound is just too one dimensional. If you like that then by all means get the 100 series, but the Seagull sounds complex and sophisticated.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i got a 110 over the summer and it is incredible. ive heard people bashing low end taylors in other forums saying ur just paying for the name. honestly is it as good as the $1000+??? no way. but i liked it alot more than the other similarly priced acoustic i tried. Its got a great look, feel, and sound to it. also the 110s r known for being very durable. mine gets banged around pretty bad every so often and it shows little to no dents or serious scratching. i havent tried the seagull so i cant really speak from both sides but i would say with the 110 u cant go wrong.