Hey GG&A.
I've been looking into replacing the bridge pickup in my tele with a single sized humbucker. As you may have deduced, I'm after a Radioheadish gain tone but with a fair bit of versatility as I like to play stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Muse, and the Aquabats among others. So far I've been leaning towards getting a DiMarzio(their site recommended Super Distortions) as I've heard some high praise for them but I'm also open to possibly some SD hotrails.

What do you think?
Try to keep it under $110 USDish.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
FWIW, Carvin also makes a single sized humbucker, and Lace Alumitones (single coil and humbucker sized) can generate a wide variety of tones.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
bump for afternoon.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Hey GG&A.
I've been looking into replacing the bridge pickup in my tele with a single sized humbucker. As you may have deduced, I'm after a Radioheadish gain tone but with a fair bit of versatility as I like to play stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Muse, and the Aquabats among others. So far I've been leaning towards getting a DiMarzio(their site recommended Super Distortions) as I've heard some high praise for them but I'm also open to possibly some SD hotrails.

What do you think?
Try to keep it under $110 USDish.

Not sure about Dimarzio but I've played a mates squire with a hot rails in it and it sounded great...despite the fact it was a squire. Definately worth the money. Either way I woulda thought they'd both be similar.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
Not sure about Dimarzio but I've played a mates squire with a hot rails in it and it sounded great...despite the fact it was a squire. Definately worth the money. Either way I woulda thought they'd both be similar.

Squier*
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Apparently Billy Corgan uses Lace sensors in his Strats; the blue-silver-red set, if the website is any indication.

I'd been looking at that set myself until settled on SD's.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
If you're looking for Radiohead tones you might want to see if your bridge is routed for a humbucker, then you can buy a humbucker bridge plate and a Lace Sensor Dual Red humbucker.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
there are actually billy corgan signature dimarzio pups out right now.

I am trying them out in a few weeks
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I played a tele with a hot rail in the bridge. Sounded great to my ears. Too drunk and lazy to explain further.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by hendrixftw

Whats wrong with squiers?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Whats wrong with squiers?

well mainly the action, they're ok. they aint got nothin on an MIM tho
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I just installed a Hot rails in a Strat copy I finished building. It sounds really nice. It has a really sweet tone. It doesn't seem to be as hot as I thought it would be. Absolutely no noise!
Yea I've been mainly looking at the DiMarzio tele chopper, or the SD hotrails.

But are telecasters often routed for humbuckers? I thought that was mostly just a strat thing.

www.wearewerebear.com