I really don't think much people here play Godins at all... Everyone seems to be either Fender, Gibson, EPS, or Ibanez. Where's the love for the Canadian guitar companies? I own 2 Godins and they're fantastic.

Godin SD:

Godin Montreal:

I say more people need to check Godin out.
While I don't own any, I have great respect for their guitars. I've even considered getting a Glissentar.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinglissentarp.htm

And a LOT of people here sing the praises of their acoustic guitars- people (me included) are constantly suggesting Seagulls, Art & Lutherie and the rest of their lines.

(As for me, I own Yamahas, Deans, Ovations and JKGs.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Godin's like Quebec's best kept secret. They're releasing a Redline with a floyd, and one will likely find its way into my hands. I used to own a Redline 1 prototype, and really only parted with it due to a lack of trem. They're great guitars, especially considering the cost.

Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Last edited by pifty at Feb 21, 2009,
I've never played any of their higher end guitars, so i can't comment on those. But their entry level/midrange stuff is better than the Fender Mexican stuff. Not crazy about the body design though.
There's my way and the wrong way.
I also own two Godins:

xtSA paired with a Roland GR20 Synth.

Freeway 4 bass.

I believe I got more guitar for my money than I would have with other brands.

Godins are also more available in stores in Canada than elsewhere so I don't think many people outside the country have ever really had a chance to play or see one.

*Edit: New to this forum, can't seem to figure out how to post pictures correctly

(Invalid img)(Invalid img)
Attachments:
PIC_0092s.jpg
PIC_0199s.jpg
Last edited by Quintex at Feb 21, 2009,
I love my LGX-SA AAA:

It's an incredibly well made and versatile guitar, especially when combined with a Roland VG-99.

To Pifty: I'll send you a proper reply to your PM soon, sorry for the delay
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 21, 2009,
i liked this one model that was called the invader. if i remember correctly it was by godin.

edit: oops.. nm that was G&L
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by pifty
Ugh...

I <3 the redline guitars. I only wish they had a custom shop...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I currently own one of the Redline 1 Prototyes, and a Freeway Classic. Great guitars, very versatile.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
haven't tried any (dunno where to in tiny singapore), but I've always thought they were REALLY pretty.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

My "Pwnage" Gear

Tony Iommi SG
Squier Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender G-DEC
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
Quote by jm1681
Ugh...
a weird one to follow up with
Quote by jm1681
I <3 the redline guitars.

Quote by Bonsaischaap
To Pifty: I'll send you a proper reply to your PM soon, sorry for the delay
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I had to talk myself out of buying an exit 22 once.

They're snazzy.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
I never really played one but I like them since they are a local product for me.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
I love my Godin, I own a Detour (which they just discontinued, I assume the Redline HB was its replacement) and it's an amazing guitar for the price. I paid about $450 for it and I think it feels better in the hands than Ibanez, Jacksons or LTDs that are double the cost. I'm also looking at picking up a Redline 1 for my next guitar.
I actually love Godin and their shapes :P, plan to buy one...just need to find the perfect model for me
Quote by pifty
a weird one to follow up with
Kinda meant it as a drool indicator
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
i love everything about those first three. the les paul style , trem setup and the strat pickguard make that thing my dream guitar. i love you and this thread. nice guitars . and now they have love
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
I really like the shape of that lgx-sa. I'll have to try it next time I see one.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I cream my pants each time I play this baby at the guitar store.

Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
what are the necks on them like? what company would you compare them to?

I've stopped myself from trying the ones they have in my local dolphin music because I can't trust myself to say no.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
what are the necks on them like? I've stopped myself from trying the ones they have in my local dolphin music because I can't trust myself to say no.

I really like the neck on mine (doesn't really show the profile, but they're the best pics I have...):

It's not too curvy or too thick, but it's not thin, either. Necks are quite difficult to describe, so your best bet is to overcome your fear of trying them out
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Their fretjobs are worth mentioning too - through the whole model row they have some of the tightest and best-dressed frets I've tried on any guitar.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

I've stopped myself from trying the ones they have in my local dolphin music because I can't trust myself to say no.

I'll say this, after playing an RG (can't remeber which model it was) and the S320 and S520 I thought those necks felt chunky and awkward by comparison to a Redline, Detour, or Freeway. I don't really know what company I would compare them too though, to me they feel rather uniue by comparison to all other guitars in the price range.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

I played 2 of the ones that Pifty owns (minus the Roland) and they played nice. Very simple guitars. I'd compare their necks to a D-shaped ESP/Jackson mix, but not as thick as ESP, or the compound radius of the Jackson. It played pretty nice I must say, but not a guitar for me I suppose. Playing them, an LTD, and a Jackson yesterday brought my tendonitis back
I couldn't resist.....
when i took lessons my teacher had a godin freeway classic.
pretty nice guitar.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I have a LG Signature that I LOVE. It has a thicker neck, but it's so smooth and perfectly contoured to my hand. AH! It's like a les paul and a strat combined, except much better than both. I might sound biased, but it's just awesome. I also play my brother's seagull pretty frequently, which frankly sounds/plays better than his taylor.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
I'm GASing for one of these so bad now.

THANKS.

Uhhhhhh, I think the Velocity looks so nice, and the Freeway.

Do I dare trade in my Fender MIA Standard Strat for one? I've only had it a year, and don't get me wrong, but I love it... but jeeze, that Freeway in Blue with a maple neck made me cream myself.
I love my Freeway Classic.

My teacher compared it to his Fender Mustang (do note that it's his dad's, so it's probably very old - however I don't believe this would affect the playability) and liked mine better.

EDIT:

Here's a picture

Last edited by Captain Panda at Mar 22, 2009,