i am looking at a boss ph-3 phase shifter pedal. i wanted to mod it for bass but i have seen that it says also good for bass.
my last pedal was a behringer distorition and when i put it in my bass it broke. i dont want to blow money on a pedal that will break as soon as i play it.

What should i do???
Don't buy anything made by behringer ever
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Don't buy anything made by behringer ever

That.

EVER!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
It broke cause it's a Behringer, not because it wasn't good for bass. If it says it works on bass and it's made by Boss (who, if nothing else, make rock solid pedals) it'll be right.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Pedals don't just break when you put bass through them. Behringers break when you put bass through them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Behringers break when you put anything through them.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
enough of the uneducated behringer bashing already, i don't see how it's helpful to the thread.

You can just about use any pedal with any electric instrument and it should be fine, since it's just an electrical current going through a circuit. I think the reason they tend to make separate pedals for bass is because they are optimised to work better with the bass range - for example, a distortion pedal for guitar will tend to make the bass sound tinny. But when they say it works well with bass, if it doesn't work well with bass you can sue their asses for false advertising.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Enough of the uneducated bashing of uneducated behringer bashers already, it's not helpful to the thread.

Back to the subject at hand....
The most likely problem would have been that the pedal was a behringer. Go have a look at some quality pedals, preferably ones that are meant for bass. Not because bass pedals hold up better when hooked to a bass, but because they're designed to modify the lower frequencies better.
Quote by Indiemad
cool well now i know that behringer suck.

also does the boss LS-2 line selector work on bass

I dont see why it shouldn't.

I heard the BOSS DS-1 was awesome for bass distortion, even though it sucks balls for guitar distortion.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
Enough of the uneducated bashing of uneducated behringer bashers already, it's not helpful to the thread.

i guess what i say next could be useful:

I c wut u did thar but while it is correct that behringer stuff is not of the highest quality ( i can say that again), i can't help but think a lot of people on this board have never used any behringer products and don't even realise that they make a vast array of audio equipment from guitar FX to 48 track mixing consoles, power amplifiers, rack FX, etc etc. and couldn't tell you why behringer sucks. But i've had 2 years experience of a completely "behringer equipped" studio and i've learnt a few things...

In short - it's the components they use - nasty cheap stuff, that's how they keep their prices so low. So your behringer pedal probably broke because the cheap jack sockets couldn't handle having jack leads plugged into them. or the circuit board snapped in half for no reason or something.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.