Right, I'm sick and tired of searching to find pedals that aren't the same tired things you hear of every day. I can hardly ever find anywhere that sells much more than Boss, Line6, Danelectro, Fender, some EHX and now MXR.

I'm not saying that they suck, but I want more of a choice. I don't want to necessarily have the same pedals as everyone else. To get anything different it usually means listening to (shitty quality) YouTube samples and ordering from America without actually getting to try them.

Sooooo, point of this thread?
Let's see if we can get a list together of places all over the UK that stock more varied effects that you can actually go and try out coz where I live absolutely sucks.

---

Andertons - Guildford
Dolphin Music - Liverpool / Gateshead / Huddersfield
GAK - Brighton
Guitar Guitar - Edinburgh / Glasgow / Newcastle
Hot Rox - Nottingham
London Pedal Co. - London
Oxford Guitar Gallery - Oxford
Peach Guitars - Essex
Sound Great Music - Cheshire
Vintage & Rare guitars - Bath / London

404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Feb 23, 2009,
Ya know what, I always got the impression Dolphin was an internet-only company. It never even crossed my mind they might have actual stores.

Duly noted!
Peach guitars in Braintree

and theres an effects shop down tin pan alley in london
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Peach Guitars will most certainly be getting a visit!
Yeah, Dolphin have quite a few stores. They do a lot of Behringer in store, a fair bit of EHX and MXR.

Ultimate for choice of FX is GuitarGuitar. They literally have every brand of pedal.
Gak?
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
GAK + Merchant City Music: Same old, same old.
GAK have got a boutique section i think
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
yeah, denmark street has a pretty good selection. the prices are ridiculous, but at least you can try the stuff. and vintage and rare is cool (and has a load of boutique pedals too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Denmark Street (London)
GAK (Brighton)
PMT (Southend, Romford)

That's all I can think of atm.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Denmark Street (London)
GAK (Brighton)
PMT (Southend, Romford)

That's all I can think of atm.

PMT in Birmingham have a gash pedal selection, just the usual Boss/Line6/Marshall stuff.

Try Wunjo Guitars and London Pedal Company on Denmark street, especially the latter, they sell all sorts of funky stuff.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
guitar guitar can be quite good too... oxford guitar gallery too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just found Hot Rox in my local area! YES!
I know what I'm doing with my Saturday this week

Edit: Updated OP with list so far; keep em coming!
you don't have guitar guitar- www.guitarguitar.co.uk

also, looking at the website (i've never been to the shop) www.soundsgreatmusic.com has a good selection of pedals (among other things).

vintage and rare too- www.vintageandrareguitars.com
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dolphin Music are cheap, but awful. They told me my Holy Grail and Small Clone would arrive in a week or two. After 6 weeks of waiting, they revealed that they can only get the Holy Grail Plus. My dad offered to pay the extra £30. Seven weeks in to the wait, the Small Clone comes. The Holy Grail is meant to come in 2 more weeks. So I got the Small Clone today, and turns out it doesn't ****ing work; after an hour of checking everything, I have no choice but to send it back.

Am I really just this unlucky?
I've had stuff from dolphin before and they were fine.
I did order a few things once where I was waiting on one pedal for quite a while and eventually they just refunded me for it and sent the other items.

They were great when another item needed fixing under warranty too.

Basically every company are gonna have their good and bad days.