1. even tho i told our singer/slash guitarist that he was going to have to turn down a whole heap from the volume he was at at todays practise, seeing as this gig was micing up our amps, and the room was alot different, he didnt. if anything he turned up.

result being, he drowned out everything, even his own voice, meaning he wreaked havok, on his allready worn out vocal chords (idiot)

2. when he told me "dude, i got a metal-zone off my mate, its gonna be sweet. i warned him, about how when i used to use one, the distortion, if not used correctly, just gets too much, and results in ****. i told him he should work finding a good tone with it before the gig. well, he listens to too much a7x, so he might have thought it was a good tone, but seriously. for how overbearingly loud he was, no one could tell what the **** he was playing, through the buzzy as **** tone he had going.
meaning he was drowing us out, with something that wasnt adding to the music at all.

3. (again) because of the stupid loudness of the amp. our bass-player, about thirty seconds into the first song, had to jump of stage and pull out some earplugs from his case. thank god he had some. my ears still ringing on the side the amp was on, and i was across the other side of the stage. poor little david the bass player was right next to it, but once he climbed back on stage he picked up his bass and jumped back in not missing a beat.

4. i turned my amp down to a real good level at the start, and it was a good volume through the pa, but after the first song of being unheard, i turned up, trying to compete with the blasting other guitarist. because i have a twin, and had a good tone (plenty of mids, i was cutting though perfect) i was being heard through the other amp, but that sorta made me seem louder, so on my ds1 i turned the volume right down, so that the volume would still be up once i clicked the pedal off. but i think by turning the volume down, i cancelled out alot of the gain the pedal was creating, and was left with this half arsed, not very dirty tone for the rest of the gig. to say it sounded ****, would be being too nice.

5. at our practise, we timed out set, with talking to 26 minutes. it was a thirty minute set and our bass player was like "we should probs practise another song just in case they make us play till the end:". doushe guitarist was like "nah, we'll have some minutes saved up incase something goes wrong" which was fair enough, but we ended up just saying we'd play one of our old originals. well when we finished and heard "okay, one more song boys" we went to play the original but our singer was like "nah, lets do that heavy cover of hey there delilah" so we played that, and hadnt practised it in ages, so there were a load of screw ups.

6. i told the singer "I cant remember the solo i put to it, but its in d so ill just improv" well we get to the solo, and nearly all the songs i write are in minor, but because this was a cover (sorta) it happened to be in major. me being tired, and fearfull of anything to hard at the time, i went with the penatonic minor, and it sounded funny, so i went full minor, sounded even funnier. im saying funny, rather than bad, cause it didnt sound "wrong" if you get me. it worked, in its own, weird way.
but yeah, minor scale in a major key. FAIL.

7. our singer always bitches that we play the delilah cover too much. mainly cause people always request it, or expect to hear it. and then tonight, even tho he was the one who said to play it, in one of the breaks, he yells into the microphone "WE PLAY THIS SONG WAY TOO MUCH! " and it was just embarrassing, so i just looked away. maybe noone heard him (fingers crossed) over his own embarrassingly loud **** tone.

theres a whole lotta good things that happened tho. our drummer played ****en awesome, and our bass player was sweet. i might list some good stuff later tonight when i have time. but yeah, for now, what do you think of our problems?

the crowd still loved it tho. probs cause of the weeks i spend writing and perfecting the songs. many a congrats was given afterwards.

so yeah, advice?
Slap your singer and work on the volumes. If you have a soundcheck and the volume`s are good. Then keep it that way. If you`re too loud, turn the volume of your guitar down and play softer. Called dynamic If you`re too soft then first find out if you`re too soft or the rest is too loud...
You should probably loose the guitarist, mate. Or at the very least hide his loud-ass amp and all his distortion stuff and hand him a rubbish mini-amp and tell him "It's all we could find, man."
Advice = Kick out singer. I don't know him, but I hate him.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
good story.

advice?

it sounds like you already know what went wrong, so that means you already know what you need to fix.

next time record your gig. it'll be easier to tell your singer how bad he is when you have audio proof.

(it happened to me)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
you know what to do. tell him to get his **** together and be a part of the band instead of just playing for himself.
I've been in a couple of bands where some members just refuse to play more quitely, I think some people are actually incapable of it.

Mostly they suck as musicans anyway and my advice would be to try and sort it out with him and if that does'nt work... just walk or kick them out, beacuse it gets unbelivably frustrating.
yeah. its true, our leadsinger is an wanker. iv got him playing guitar now (he wanted to aswell tho), just cause alot of the songs iv been writing have two guitar parts, and it does make the music sound much better.

but thanks for the advice.
my problem with the pedal volumes was real stupid too. im gonna sit home tomorow, crank my amp to gig volume, and fiddle around with it all, then write down all the settings for everything, the keep that paper, so i can know what im doing at gigs.
Here's my two cents...

Establish in rehearsal a sane volume at which to practice. That will save your hearing. Make sure the guitars can be heard over the drums and everything - including the vocals - are well balanced. So.... well-balanced, and NOT TOO LOUD at rehearsal.

When you show up to a venue, the reality is that you will get a proper sound check less than half the time. Set up as if you were rehearsing. Not loud enough? Sound man's job! Let him take care of it. That's what they pay him the big bucks to do.

When a guitarist cranks his amp to the tits at a gig, the best a sound man can do is to try his best at damage control. Give him reasonable volumes and let him call the shots.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
nest time turn him down after the first song in which you find him to loud.
Try to talk to your vocalist about what happened. If he's arrogant, kick the bastard. If not, than things will go fine.
For problems 1-4, make sure you always do a sound check. A good band's performance can be ruined by a bad mix. For problems 5-6 make sure that your set-list is throughly practiced. That way you will be able to perform every song well.

Sorry your gig didn't go as well you hoped. But at least now the next one will go a lot better.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
@Baba - I love that video in your sig. As a dad with daughters - one of whom aspires to learn guitar next year - I think it's awesome on so many levels. And nice playing, btw.

Ideally, you get a sound check. My experience is that probably 2/3 of the time, you get a quick line check and you're on. The soundman sorts out the mix in the first song (assuming a certain level of competency) and you're off to the races.

When it's your own show, yeah, you demand a sound check. When you've got a bunch of bands following you and a schedule to keep (even at large outdoor festivals in front of a few thousand people), you're up and you're on. If it is a club show and you're the first band on, you probably have a sound check. You certainly can't always count on it.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

too loud guitar eh? One time at a gig, we were setting up eveything, and the sound guy was getting levels, and said mine sounded fine, I thought it was pretty damn loud, but he said it was good, so if he was happy, I was happy.

We are in the middle of a song, and some guy who works at the place hops up on stage and turn my volume from around 5 to 2, so now I cant be heard for ****, and at one point had to stpo in a song in order to turn my amp up. that pissed me off, I mean, I understand turning it down some, but not that much.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Yea, all rhythm guitarists turn their amps loud. It makes them feel important.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
I agree with Axemanchris, it sounds like you didn't have a soundcheck, and your gig devolved into amp wars. Practice is probably similar, start at bareable levels then everyone slowly turns up their amps.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Do what I do. a member is too load I walk to there amp and turn it down myself. they don't like it tell him to suck your dick. everyone needs to be heard not just him and his ****ty ass tone.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Someone with an attitude like the "too loud and crap tone" guy wouldn't last in any band of mine. Neither would a person who demonstrated the diplomacy that you are suggesting.

Mind you, one of the signs of a professional is that they neither give - nor require - that kind of treatment.

CT

Kick him out? Duh. If hes screwin up your gigs he not worth keeping around.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
I admire your patience with the singer/guitarist, but it sounds like something has to be done about him...
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
1. even tho i told our singer/slash guitarist that he was going to have to turn down a whole heap from the volume he was at at todays practise, seeing as this gig was micing up our amps, and the room was alot different, he didnt. if anything he turned up.

result being, he drowned out everything, even his own voice, meaning he wreaked havok, on his allready worn out vocal chords (idiot)

2. when he told me "dude, i got a metal-zone off my mate, its gonna be sweet. i warned him, about how when i used to use one, the distortion, if not used correctly, just gets too much, and results in ****. i told him he should work finding a good tone with it before the gig. well, he listens to too much a7x, so he might have thought it was a good tone, but seriously. for how overbearingly loud he was, no one could tell what the **** he was playing, through the buzzy as **** tone he had going.
meaning he was drowing us out, with something that wasnt adding to the music at all.

3. (again) because of the stupid loudness of the amp. our bass-player, about thirty seconds into the first song, had to jump of stage and pull out some earplugs from his case. thank god he had some. my ears still ringing on the side the amp was on, and i was across the other side of the stage. poor little david the bass player was right next to it, but once he climbed back on stage he picked up his bass and jumped back in not missing a beat.

4. i turned my amp down to a real good level at the start, and it was a good volume through the pa, but after the first song of being unheard, i turned up, trying to compete with the blasting other guitarist. because i have a twin, and had a good tone (plenty of mids, i was cutting though perfect) i was being heard through the other amp, but that sorta made me seem louder, so on my ds1 i turned the volume right down, so that the volume would still be up once i clicked the pedal off. but i think by turning the volume down, i cancelled out alot of the gain the pedal was creating, and was left with this half arsed, not very dirty tone for the rest of the gig. to say it sounded ****, would be being too nice.

5. at our practise, we timed out set, with talking to 26 minutes. it was a thirty minute set and our bass player was like "we should probs practise another song just in case they make us play till the end:". doushe guitarist was like "nah, we'll have some minutes saved up incase something goes wrong" which was fair enough, but we ended up just saying we'd play one of our old originals. well when we finished and heard "okay, one more song boys" we went to play the original but our singer was like "nah, lets do that heavy cover of hey there delilah" so we played that, and hadnt practised it in ages, so there were a load of screw ups.

6. i told the singer "I cant remember the solo i put to it, but its in d so ill just improv" well we get to the solo, and nearly all the songs i write are in minor, but because this was a cover (sorta) it happened to be in major. me being tired, and fearfull of anything to hard at the time, i went with the penatonic minor, and it sounded funny, so i went full minor, sounded even funnier. im saying funny, rather than bad, cause it didnt sound "wrong" if you get me. it worked, in its own, weird way.

7. our singer always bitches that we play the delilah cover too much. mainly cause people always request it, or expect to hear it. and then tonight, even tho he was the one who said to play it, in one of the breaks, he yells into the microphone "WE PLAY THIS SONG WAY TOO MUCH! " and it was just embarrassing, so i just looked away. maybe noone heard him (fingers crossed) over his own embarrassingly loud **** tone.

theres a whole lotta good things that happened tho. our drummer played ****en awesome, and our bass player was sweet. i might list some good stuff later tonight when i have time. but yeah, for now, what do you think of our problems?

the crowd still loved it tho. probs cause of the weeks i spend writing and perfecting the songs. many a congrats was given afterwards.

so yeah, advice?

Print off this post adding any other problems you can think of, take it to your next band practice, have a sit down meeting and go through each point one by one, then tell them that, in your opinion, the band as a whole really needs to try harder.
It helps a lot if you're just as hard on yourself as you are on everyone else, it tends to make them take you a bit more seriously which will make it easier to get your point across.
Every band should discuss their last gig and get everyone's opinions of it and how they thought it went and how they think things can be improved, even if the last gig was a really good one.
This is how a band progresses, through self analasis.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Feb 26, 2009,
That singer/guitarsists on a power trip big time. Try to put him in check, its gunna be hard to do because he seems like he has a massive ego.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847

There's a sound guy for a reason. Start with "can you cut the other guitar out of my monitor?" Unless that dude's totally asleep at the board he should be doing something about it

This will wear off. Everyone who gets new gear thinks it sounds good. Telling him otherwise will just make him defensive about it and probably louder. Do send him some links to webpages with good settings for the metal zone. Invite him over to tweak the pedal using some sort of pretense like "lets try to get our guitar sound more balanced-- I really think we could both change our sounds to make the mix better". If this dude has as bad of an ego problem as you say, being direct will not help you.

Your bassist put his instrument down and left the stage during your first song? When you say "poor little david", do you mean that he's actually 7 years old? That would be the only possible excuse for doing something like that. Unless he was like, physically bleeding from the ears. This also tells me that you guys didn't even try to mix the sounds before you started playing, if he was so shocked at the volume before the first song. Would you try and paint a painting with no lights on? What about drive a car with something covering the windshield? Why would you try to play a song without checking your volume levels first?

The volume knob on your guitar is not just for decoration! Everyone forgets this. If you don't like the way that sounds, consider a volume pedal in the FX loop-- it will take out volume without removing too much gain (unless you're relying purely on power amp distortion...) Also, it's a DS-1. That name actually refers to its tone as a standalone distortion-- it stands for "Death by Stabbing," with the 1 referring to how good it sounds on a scale of 1 to 10.

You always play faster live, so have more material ready than you'll need. If you really don't have anything, make sure to say "this is our last song" before you play your last song.

Pentatonic minor is much safer than natural minor if you accidentally play it in a major key. If you run into this again, just remember that you can move your pentatonic shape down 3 frets to play the parallel major. Ex-- If you're starting at D on the 6th string at the 10th fret, move down to 7th position so that D's the 2nd note.

Maybe he was kidding. Who knows. Or cares, for that matter. Vocalists yelling dumb things into the mic is par for the course. I'd be more worried about the lack of soundcheck, no help from the sound guy, guitarist who plays too loud with crappy tone, the bassist who flees the stage, and your own volume issues.

so yeah, advice?

The crowd notices maybe one in 10 mistakes a band makes as long as they play it off. At this stage, only you know how things are supposed to sound, so its ok.
I didn't mean to be too harsh there, and I'm sure most of that stuff wasn't your fault, but hopefully this advice will be a little more helpful than "kill the singer"
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...

There's a sound guy for a reason. Start with "can you cut the other guitar out of my monitor?" Unless that dude's totally asleep at the board he should be doing something about it

yeah. my dads a sound guy, who usually does our gigs, but this was out of town, with some guy iv never seen before. we didnt get a soundcheck cause we were second last on in a band comp that was already running behind, it was; jump on- play.

a song or two into our set, he came up and said "hey your gonna have to turn that amp down, cause its drowning you out and i havent even got you running through the mix at the moment". i dont know if the egotistic "frontman" turned down or not. but he deffiantely heard it. i probabally should have taken it into my own hands and turned him down a bit. dont know if he'd find it rude, but i would only be helping.

This will wear off. Everyone who gets new gear thinks it sounds good. Telling him otherwise will just make him defensive about it and probably louder. Do send him some links to webpages with good settings for the metal zone. Invite him over to tweak the pedal using some sort of pretense like "lets try to get our guitar sound more balanced-- I really think we could both change our sounds to make the mix better". If this dude has as bad of an ego problem as you say, being direct will not help you.

yeah. we have practice this saturday and iv told him "we'll have to work on getting a better town outa your amp so we dont have the same sorta thing happening at this gig coming up." but i said it nicer than it sounds and he was alright with it. so yeah, ill do my best. his valveking gain is **** tho, so i dont know what im gonna do. probably just take his distortion down to a audiable level and give him some mids.

Your bassist put his instrument down and left the stage during your first song? When you say "poor little david", do you mean that he's actually 7 years old? That would be the only possible excuse for doing something like that. Unless he was like, physically bleeding from the ears. This also tells me that you guys didn't even try to mix the sounds before you started playing, if he was so shocked at the volume before the first song. Would you try and paint a painting with no lights on? What about drive a car with something covering the windshield? Why would you try to play a song without checking your volume levels first?

again, i told you that we had no soundcheck. and at the time it was just me and david playing, then joel (accused lsd singer) came in for this bit at the end of the intro and which sent david (who was infront of joels amp, off the stage. it worked alright, cause david missed out on the one verse, so it almost sounded like it was supposed to happen, cause he came in on the chorus straight after the verse. but i admit, it mustve looked unporfessional. i think we'll all start wearing earplugs anyway when we gig. we wear them when we practise, and we dont wanna destroy our young ears gigging.

The volume knob on your guitar is not just for decoration! Everyone forgets this. If you don't like the way that sounds, consider a volume pedal in the FX loop-- it will take out volume without removing too much gain (unless you're relying purely on power amp distortion...) Also, it's a DS-1. That name actually refers to its tone as a standalone distortion-- it stands for "Death by Stabbing," with the 1 referring to how good it sounds on a scale of 1 to 10.

yeah, this was my main stupid mistake. iv since set up the pedal and written down all my settings and junk. i think my main problem was that i was thinking "ill have the volume louder on the clean, so when i loose the boost from the gain, my volume will be steady" but i was forgetting that nearly all the times i was playing clean, the band was playing quieter, meaning if i was the same volume clean as heavy, when the band built back up, id be the same voume, only less audiable due to the band and distortion.

You always play faster live, so have more material ready than you'll need. If you really don't have anything, make sure to say "this is our last song" before you play your last song.

feels like im just making excuses, but yeah, we really failed to prepare for this one. we didnt have enough practices and it was stupid that we played the song we did, when we had others that we knew we could pull off. i think the singer just wanted to show off a little with it.

Pentatonic minor is much safer than natural minor if you accidentally play it in a major key. If you run into this again, just remember that you can move your pentatonic shape down 3 frets to play the parallel major. Ex-- If you're starting at D on the 6th string at the 10th fret, move down to 7th position so that D's the 2nd note.
yeah, i get what your saying. i was a bit nervous, not having played the song in so long, and improvising since id forgoten my usual solo. so for d major, id be playing the Bminor penatonic, right?

Maybe he was kidding. Who knows. Or cares, for that matter. Vocalists yelling dumb things into the mic is par for the course. I'd be more worried about the lack of soundcheck, no help from the sound guy, guitarist who plays too loud with crappy tone, the bassist who flees the stage, and your own volume issues.

yeah, im not gonna mention this one to the singer, cause he might get a bit tempremental. i'll just try to help him have more things to say between songs. he wants dicky intros and **** to yell over. im all for playing some background guitar while he talks. but some of the stuff he suggests is well... just dicky.

The crowd notices maybe one in 10 mistakes a band makes as long as they play it off. At this stage, only you know how things are supposed to sound, so its ok.
I didn't mean to be too harsh there, and I'm sure most of that stuff wasn't your fault, but hopefully this advice will be a little more helpful than "kill the singer"

your advice was ****en excellent. i was expecting slacker and chris to be the big help, but ill be remembering your name, cause you seem to really know your **** and speak the truth.

one more thing...
your one of the first people iv heard talk **** on the ds-1. i didnt think it was so bad. it uses my amps tone, just adds more gain to it. vai, satriani, cobain all use it, so i didnt think it was too ****. whats your advice on a good dirty sound? any pedal, or are you all for getting your distortion from your amp?

thanks heaps btw
Last edited by HethaHORRIFIC at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
1. even tho i told our singer/slash guitarist

Lol, does he only play stuff by Slash or what? J/k.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Oh the joys of gigging.
Get yourself a good sound man to be at your practice and give him the authority to tell anyone what's wrong. If he's good, then he'll be welcome on a sound desk at the venue 'cos he knows your sound stuff better than anyone.
Just an aside here. I knew a band that played only instrumental, some of their own Satriani style and some covers. Having no vocals they tended towards the loud side. They played Edwards in Birmingham one night and the sound guy got so carried away with not having to mix for vocals that even the band complained they were too loud. Strange things happen.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by pengiunman
Yea, all rhythm guitarists turn their amps loud. It makes them feel important.

Hey now. I keep me self at a reasonable volume.
Well, You're singer doesnt seem all that bad for yelling "We play this song too much" I tend to yell at people in the crowd that i know I.E" Mike the pirate had Anal bumsecks with nikki." Stuff like that. Also, ive broken a G string fingering A-minor to warm my hand up during setup.

But. I'm in a very slack band, We practice whenever we feel like doing somthing at the local coffee shop or open mic.

But if you're trying to make a living out of playing. Rebelw/outaCord's advice = /thread.

+ for a dirty sounding pedal, Try a MD-2 or maybe a Ibanez TS (To boost your gain on your amp, if it has gain.) My amp is a digital amp, So pedals dont work so well with it, But. I love the gross digital distortion i get.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Last edited by Rtard_GWARRIOR at Feb 26, 2009,
i don't have problems with bandmembers wanna play louder than anyone the rythem g goes like turn youre amp up in case it make a mistake and the bassplayer just doing his thing you know
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
Glad I could help. And you're right-- B minor pentatonic uses the same notes as D Major pentatonic. Just make sure to treat the second note like the root instead of the 1st.
Hope your next gig goes better than the last.

Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

one more thing...
your one of the first people iv heard talk **** on the ds-1. i didnt think it was so bad. it uses my amps tone, just adds more gain to it. vai, satriani, cobain all use it, so i didnt think it was too ****. whats your advice on a good dirty sound? any pedal, or are you all for getting your distortion from your amp?

Vai and Satch also both have amps with their names on them, which they can drive harder by using a pedal. It's like how the "Tube Screamer" doesn't have a tube in it-- the point is that it drives a tube amp harder. Most people who buy a DS-1 don't use it this way though, and plug it into a practice amp or a SS combo and think the pedal will make them sound like Satriani, Vai, et al. If you're using it this way, most of the time your amp distortion will sound better than the pedal, cause the pedal on its own is the aural equivalent of that scene at the end of the movie "Ghost", where the dude is impaled by shards of falling plate glass from a big window.

I play a modded 5150 so I get all my distortion from my amp and my guitar's onboard clean boost. If you have a tube amp and you just want to drive your amp harder, I like the TS-9 more than the DS-1. Alternately, a 10-20dB boost with a 7 band EQ can sound amazing if you have some time to tweak it. What kind of amp are you using?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...