It does, just don't go crazy on the level, and of course use it in conjunction with your clean channel.
Sell the Mt-2 and buy a vypyr instead of the Cube if you play metal.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
That pedal on this amp would be a waste. The distortion on the Cube kills anything the MT-2 can put out.
NOO it doesn't, I play a Marshall mg30 with the MT-2, and then I tried the roland on a store, the distortion really sucks when comparing with the Mg+MT
Quote by tasanhalas
NOO it doesn't, I play a Marshall mg30 with the MT-2, and then I tried the roland on a store, the distortion really sucks when comparing with the Mg+MT

GTFO
Is a MT-2 really seen as that bad I've always loved the distortion i've got going with my MT-2 + Roland 30.

Derail a bit :P.....can anyone suggest a solid distortion pedal in the same price range.
^ yes he does.........and so do i........
have you played any other amp except the MG and the cube????
feel free to add me
fender 212r,
my crapy 10w amp,
and one from line 6...I really can´t remember the model....so yea I don't have much experience with other amps
^ so dont argue with guys that has experience
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ so dont argue with guys that has experience

So what do you suggest??in order to get a better distortion.. budget is about 300
^ what amp do you have???(MG)
Do you want a new amp??
what styles do you play??
Where do you live??
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ what amp do you have???(MG)
Do you want a new amp??
what styles do you play??
Where do you live??

-Marshall MG30
-Yes
-Metal
-Lisbon
The only good sound i heard from a MT2 was through expensive tube power amp like mesa 2:90 , vht 2/50/2 etc..

mt2 + solid state ( modeler or amp ) would sound METALLIC . this pedal only work through a high end tube set up . period .

i had bad experience with Metal pedal .. many of them sounding too metallic for me .

i tried EH metal muff with roland micro cube and still sound too metallic and the EH sound less metallic than the MT2 .
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 21, 2009,
the reason why your cube wont take most pedals well is this

it is a solid state modelling amp. most solid state modelling amps (this includes the peavey vypyr, line 6 spider and whatnot) DO NOT take pedals well. so if you want to run pedals and practise at home, buy a small tube amp.

anyway!
the whole point of a solid state modelling amp is for you to get multiple effects and sounds cheaply.

by purchasing a pedal for your cube30x, don't you think you're defeating the whole purpose? put the features on your cube to full use, or use a tube amp if you want to run pedals.

that's my $0.02
I dont need effects, all I want is the best distoriton possibel...what amoshould I get then?
if the cube alone isnt hardcore enoug for you then check out randall amps.

for 300 i'm sure you can find a model, probably used that will melt the paint off the walls.

like said. you dont add an dist to a modeller. doesnt work out well.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by tasanhalas
I dont need effects, all I want is the best distoriton possibel...what amoshould I get then?

since the cube isn't enough for you, try getting a blackstar HT5 combo. im sure you coudlt get it under 300 used.