Hello there mods. The bassist of my band wants to join UG everytime he comes over but always forgets to make an account when he goes home. Now there are two computers in my house. 1 in my room and one upstairs in my parent's computer room. We both run on the same network and the same internet connection. Now I am a noob when it comes to IP addresses and such but I was wondering if he were to make an account on my parent's computer would it show up as a multiple of this account? In other words, is there a unique IP address for every computer even though it's using the same internet connection?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
ring him now and tell him to make one
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Regardless of what the IP says, so long as you tell the mods everything should be ok. They will put a note on your account stating your situation, and so long as there isn any reason to suspect ye are the same person through your posting habits, then you will be fine. However, why cant he just make the account when he gets home?
Quote by SBLAKELEY
ring him now and tell him to make one

...it's 3:27
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Regardless of what the IP says, so long as you tell the mods everything should be ok. They will put a note on your account stating your situation, and so long as there isn any reason to suspect ye are the same person through your posting habits, then you will be fine. However, why cant he just make the account when he gets home?

+1
Quote by dxpaintball8000
...it's 3:27

do it lmao
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Quote by jimmy_neutron

cuz he always forgets haha. And I'm kinda iffy on having mods make notes because they've made notes but have then forgot about the notes with me before. Not dissing the mods or anything. just saying it's kind of a risk cuz I dont wanna get banned over something little like that haha
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
well worst case scenario, you get banned, then go to the FOTB and explain the misunderstanding. You will spend no longer than 24hrs in there
Quote by jimmy_neutron
well worst case scenario, you get banned, then go to the FOTB and explain the misunderstanding. You will spend no longer than 24hrs in there

haha oh no I've seen how things are handled there. agian not dissing the mods, but there are hundreds of kids with the same story that I'm having and all they get is a "shush and take your ban". Does anyone know the answer to my original question though?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
afaik, the IP adresses will be slightly different, but they can tell its coming from the same house. Once again, im telling you, there wont be a problem if you explain to the mods exactly what is going on. Also, if your friend has a UG account made, then he will begin logging on at home, which means that his IP address will be different, thus adding credibility to your claim.

It would be suspiscous however if he only ever logged on at your house
the IP is for the connection, not the computer.

if you post the names of the account that he's going to make on here someone'll add a note to each of your records just so there's no misunderstanding.

or if you want to PM one of the mods, you can go that route. or he could make an account at his house. ring him when he's at home and tell him to make one right there and then.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^that's what a router's for.
Quote by that article
When you contract with an ISP, you obtain the right for your computer to use one or more of the ISP’s assigned IP addresses. If you have a local network with multiple computers that need Internet access, it’s often easier, more secure, and less expensive to have all of the computers share a single public IP address for Internet communications.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 21, 2009,
we can't "forget" about notes, they are put on your permanent record.. stress less.
from daylight...
...into darkness