Recently I saw two Ibanez rg7321's used on the Daddy's website for my town, one was $270 and the other $280. I'm going to check them out today probably, I'd be trading in my grg170dx (that would give me $200). I've never had a 7 string before and I don't want to spend alot on my first one, so I thought this might be a good idea. I'm just curious on what you guys have to say about the 7321. And if you think those are good deals. Thanks.
Quote by telecastermetal
i dont live in merica.
and enter sandman has good songs
Yeah I have one and its great, and those are good deals. It's like 400 new.
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)
Sounds a good price to me. RG7321s tend to be of much higher quality than anything Gio, so sounds like you're getting a great deal there. So long as you get on with 7 strings, you'll have to play and see.

Stock pups in those are weak, imo, so if you have any money left over, you might wanna spend that on something nice.
That's a nice entry level 7.If you switch out the stock pups it's a very nice workhorse guitar IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Mazzakazza
Sounds a good price to me. RG7321s tend to be of much higher quality than anything Gio, so sounds like you're getting a great deal there. So long as you get on with 7 strings, you'll have to play and see.

Stock pups in those are weak, imo, so if you have any money left over, you might wanna spend that on something nice.

What type of pickups would go good in this particular guitar?
Quote by Bentheemo
What type of pickups would go good in this particular guitar?

DiMarzio or Duncan would be good if you want passives and don't want to spend an arm and a leg.If you want actives there's always EMG or the 7 string black out pups.I use a Dimarzio D-sonic 7/PAF 7 in my 7 string and they sound great.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Thanks for the replies guys. I probably would switch out the pups but not immediately. If I was looking for a crunchy metal rhythm sound in the bridge, and a good lead/shred sound in the neck, what pups do you recommend from DiMarzio?
Quote by telecastermetal
i dont live in merica.
and enter sandman has good songs