is it possible to installl a floyd on my ****ty ibanez

the current bridge on my ibanez is the ibanez FAT 6

if i were to install a floyd, how much routing (if any) would it require?
I'm going to make a suggestion if you don't mind. If you intend to upgrade a sh1tty guitar by installing a Floyd Rose in it, you may wish to consider buying another guitar that already has one. However, if you want to do this as part of a learning experience, it depends on the bridge already in the guitar. Is it a fixed bridge? A fender type trem, or a licensed Floyd?
Quote by tanman
I'm going to make a suggestion if you don't mind. If you intend to upgrade a sh1tty guitar by installing a Floyd Rose in it, you may wish to consider buying another guitar that already has one. However, if you want to do this as part of a learning experience, it depends on the bridge already in the guitar. Is it a fixed bridge? A fender type trem, or a licensed Floyd?

listen to this man. he speaks good words.
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Quote by tanman

i am already buying a guitar with a pre-installed floyd

however, i want to install for the learning experience.

The bridge on my guitar atm is a fender type bridge

http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/2510015055007.JPG

the image is not very clear, but thats the type of bridge on my guitar
If you are buying another guitar with a Floyd already in it, and that guitar is another Ibanez of the same body style, you will be able to simply take measurements of the bridge cavity on the new guitar, draw up a blueprint for the pocket, then match the dimensions on your old learning experience guitar.

There are other considerations as well. What type of Floyd are you putting in? Original? Licensed? Ibanez Edge?
im purchasing a jackson KE3

because im doing it for the learning experience, ill probably buy a Licesned floyd

the orig and Edge is quite £££, and if im doing it for experience i dont really want to spend to much
OK, in that case I would wait for the Jackson to show up and take measurements from the bridge cavity on that. Something that is very important to consider so that you don't completely ruin your old guitar is to maintain scale length. What that means is aside from routing, you may very well have to drill holes for the bridge pins. The distance between the pins and the saddles on your existing bridge is likely different from the distance between the pins and saddles on a Floyd. That means a Floyd probably won't be able to drop into the same location as the other trem and still maintain intonation across the fretboard. Still with me?
yeah i am tanman

ive also got a squier affinity series guitar aswell, would install a tremolo on that be easier ?
It's probably not any easier to do the work on the Squier. Probably the smartest approach is to modify the guitar you care least for.

After all that, are you handy with woodworking?
i am handy with it and ive got my dad to help me aswelll

so im gnna try it in a bit

thanks guyz for the help
i will in like a few months tho

ive got exams and poo

also i need 2 save up for the actual floyd

thanks again for all your guyz help

appreciate it