Hey there,

Well yesterday, I got a new amp. Paid $700 CAD for it. It came with a custom leather case with it aswell has 3 preamp and 1 power tube(s) and a footswitch with a patch cord and the actual amp.

Now you maybe wondering what amp I got well...I got a MG100DFX

The tone is AMAZING AND THE OVERDRIVE IS CRUSHING!!!!

Hahahahahaaaa, Sorry I just had to do that

No but realzzzz, for $700 CAD I got a a custom leather case made specailly for the amp, a footswitch, patch cord, 3 preamp and 1 power amp tube(s) with the amp.

Now what amp did I really get??!?!?!?!?1

A ALL STOCK 1987 MESA BOOGIE MARK III BLUE STRIPE LONG HEAD WITH REVERB GRAPHIC EQ AND SIMU-CLASS BETWEEN 60 AND 100 WATTS ALL TUBE, LOADED WITH 4 6L6's and I think 4(???) 12AX7's? i think.

I'm not sure how to put the pics up on here but i'll try(hope it works)

(Invalid img) (Invalid img)
^ did you upload the picks to photobucket or tiny pic????
but happy amp day
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
lul fail pics

upload to tinypic.com or imageshacl.us
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
sweetness? thats awesome man, good grab. btw, it sucks about your ibanez (on flickr) ive seen a lot of their necks do that...
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by tenaciousjp
ahahahahaa Thanks buddy:P

No probs mate
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Lets invert that V a bit

Nice amp dude

+1 to all of that.

Nice amp, congrats man you must be loving it right now.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
before reading all of it I was like noob he got tubes with and then bought an MG :P

but seriously nice mesa mate !
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Congrats ....How about some clips now ?
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
nice purchase dude! and 700 CAD? That's like what, 500 USD? Lucky!!!!!!! That's a great a price for ANY used Mesa, let alone a Mark III Blue Stripe (Green, Blue and Red are the best sounding IMO). Have fun!
Ill try to get some clips up or even a demo on youtube or something im still playing around with it.
Quote by bored_maniac33
sweetness? thats awesome man, good grab. btw, it sucks about your ibanez (on flickr) ive seen a lot of their necks do that...

yeah but hoestly i dont mind it, i bought it like that for 300 CAD with the original hardcase.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Nice!!!
Same head as me, Mark III's are great.
HNAD

hahahahaa I ive been to your page before, i thought you were 100% about your b52 at212 lol.

Nice
Quote by tenaciousjp
hahahahaa I ive been to your page before, i thought you were 100% about your b52 at212 lol.

Nice

It died on me, so I took it back, got some more money, and drove 2 hours away to buy my Mark III Red Stripe for $575 (I got it down from $675 for giving him some pedals I never use) and a Marshall 1960A from my cousin for $350. But, I am in the process of (hopefully) trading it for a Mesa Rectifier 2x12.
^ you guise have cool amps i just have a modded blacckheart .......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ you guise have cool amps i just have a modded blacckheart .......

My birthdays 12 days before Christmas, so I get double from everybody plus 500 from my parents (usually).
At least you don't have an Orange Crush 30R..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
yo^

I doesnt matter what amp you have, if your a crappy player playing through a john petrucci rig...your still going to sound like crap. But if you can play and you have any amp, then thats a diffeent story.

I see guys that have Mark IV's and Mark IIC+'s and they cant play at all, totally out of key and time.-just horrible. dude skill>over gear. but skill+gear....even better
Quote by tenaciousjp
yo^

I doesnt matter what amp you have, if your a crappy player playing through a john petrucci rig...your still going to sound like crap. But if you can play and you have any amp, then thats a diffeent story.

I see guys that have Mark IV's and Mark IIC+'s and they cant play at all, totally out of key and time.-just horrible. dude skill>over gear. but skill+gear....even better

Quoted for truth
Quote by tenaciousjp
yo^

+ a side of bacon
Quote by WtrPlyr
but fix your EQ

I had it when people say that. I'm guessing you've never used an older Mesa? Shared EQs + an already Mid Heavy Amp = neccesary mid scoop that actually sounds quite nice. This is coming from a guy with an inverted V and mids at 4 on my Mesa (my cab has a really scooped sound, so I tend to boost them). It also really depends on the speakers.

With Mesas, midrange act as a secondary gain knob, as does the treble control (or at the very least, on older Mesas). With Vintage 30s my amp distorts really early, my cleans sucks, and my distortion isn't that flattering, even in a band setting. With G12T-75s, which pull back the mids a lot, my cleans are really nice, even with EMGs, and my Distortion cuts through super well with a bit of mid boosting.

Nothing personal, but I've noticed a lot of people saying this in other threads with older Mesas like the Mark IIs and IIIs.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
I had it when people say that. I'm guessing you've never used an older Mesa? Shared EQs + an already Mid Heavy Amp = neccesary mid scoop that actually sounds quite nice. This is coming from a guy with an inverted V and mids at 4 on my Mesa (my cab has a really scooped sound, so I tend to boost them). It also really depends on the speakers.

With Mesas, midrange act as a secondary gain knob, as does the treble control (or at the very least, on older Mesas). With Vintage 30s my amp distorts really early, my cleans sucks, and my distortion isn't that flattering, even in a band setting. With G12T-75s, which pull back the mids a lot, my cleans are really nice, even with EMGs, and my Distortion cuts through super well with a bit of mid boosting.

Nothing personal, but I've noticed a lot of people saying this in other threads with older Mesas like the Mark IIs and IIIs.

Same here, I use my Mark III with G12T-75's so I boost mids for a really tight sound.
I've just been testing out. I've had it for less than a day. I heard alot of people use the V so I decided to tested it out. Then took the picture. Older mesa'a are harder to tweak with all the options-push and pull knobs,GEQ and what not.