Hey... .. I've figured its definately time for me to get a new GOOD amp.. since i've been stuck with a lousy Line 6 Spider III 15watt Solid State.... And i honestly just don't feel like its doing my Gibson Les Paul Studio justice.. i'm sure i can get alot greater tone out of it, if i just get a better amp. .. So yea, I live in Denmark, so pretty much all guitar equipment is way more expensive here, than UK or US... But in comparison, my budget is about $1000 ... it might be able to buy me more in the US .. but in Dk its about the price for a Bugera 333XL- 212 combo valve amp ... originally i was gonna buy a Peavey Valveking combo.. but now i'm torn...

I pretty much just want the best amp for my money, and so far it seems that my best bets are the Bugera or the Peavey.. any suggestions?? .. the bad thing i've heard about the peavey is that the speakers aren't that good.. although i don't mind changing them out for some Celestion.. And from experience i haven't been completely satisfied with Behringer products.. which is the parent company of Bugera.. I am always open to totally new suggestions though..

And now for "what i'm looking for" .. i am looking for a good punk-y amp.. with good distortion options.. .but a brilliant clear tone is also high on the list. I really want to be able to get good scratchy (treble-y) distortion.. like some of Muse's stuff.. but still be able to get nice warm tones like Hendrix.. My Top inspirations are, Green Day, Nirvana, Muse, Hendrix, The Clash, Red Hot Chili Peppers.. and a bit of Coldplay..

Thanks for your time! .. and thanks in advance for your help..
^ you are better of with a Peavey Classic 30 + OD for a punk sounding amp than a Valveking....... and the Bugera is really good but very unreliable......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
bugera is a MUCH better choice. alot of people just speak from what they have heard. im speaking from experience.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ you are better of with a Peavey Classic 30 + OD for a punk sounding amp than a Valveking....... and the Bugera is really good but very unreliable......

+1 though bugera's aren't thaaaaat unreliable (most problems can really be fixed by the user). also the bugera is more of a metal amp and what you play is more in the genres of punk, rock, and blues.. i would say go for a peavey classic 30.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
+1 though bugera's aren't thaaaaat unreliable (most problems can really be fixed by the user). also the bugera is more of a metal amp and what you play is more in the genres of punk, rock, and blues.. i would say go for a peavey classic 30.

i play in punk band and have been useing my Bugera 6262-212 for studio use and practice use. and it does punk very well. the 6262 is a very verstile amp. can do anything from jazz to full on metal shred with gain left over. i just keep my gain on the amp at around 11 oclock-12 o clock. and it sounds GREAT. i use it as a backup amp as well( i run a 2x12 cab with it on stage) for my Mesa MK IV half stack
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by joshpunk
And now for "what i'm looking for" .. i am looking for a good punk-y amp.. with good distortion options.. .but a brilliant clear tone is also high on the list.

C30 is very versatile i should say, but have you tried Fender Twin Reverb yet?
it's so nice to be happy!
The Classic 30 is a great amp and can be found at a reasonable price...

If you play the Valve King in a room side by side with a marshall mg
the difference in tone does not justify the price. The MG has better
crunch ..and reverb...but the VK has more dynamics.

That's why i refer to the Valveking as HDSS. High Definition Solid State..even though it's tube.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Feb 24, 2009,