...an actual headphone jack in it? I know it's called the headphone amp, but on Guitarcenter it doesnt actually say it has a headphone jack in it.

So does it have one?
Yes the Vox amPlug does have a 1/8" headphone jack. It also has a line input for using an mp3 player for backing tracks.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Ok thank you. Is it worth the $40?

If you need to play quietly for practice sure, but if you have a nice amp and your aloud to play loud use that.

But it really is a good quality for a little practice toy.
there is no quote in this box
If you want to practice quietly at home, then yes, it is worth $40. Don't expect it to be 'amazing' by any means though. It is what it is, a headphone amp.
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
I bought the AC30, then later the Classic. It's worth $40 if it's worth to you to be able to walk around playing your guitar with complete freedom and silence to the rest of the world. The tones are pretty darn good.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Ok thank you. Is it worth the $40?

i like the ac30 and the metal , but didnt like the classic rock .

overall it has a very good sound . better than some multi effect i heard . its great to practice , it totally worth the 40 $ imo . better than all the micro stack , and fender mini and other stuff like that .

the palm muting is very crunchy ... better than a spider II by line 6 and some the rectifier effect of the micro cube and behringer v-amp 2. the sound is less digital than the other unit i listed .

i used sony mdr-200 heapdhone ... it would probably be even better with top quality headphone .
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 21, 2009,
+

another great thing is that for bedroom , my Amplugs are my main amp .... i have a marshall 4x12 cabinet and i plug directly my cabinet into the headphone output of the amplug ( you need a jack converter from 1/4 to 1/8 but that cost 1 $ ) . the sound kick ass and the punk rock / metal stuff come out really great of the Metal amplug , and nice clean from the AC30 ) .

4x12 make it a bit bassy ... but it sound very good overall . better chunk /palmmuting than a roland micro cube or behringer v-amp , or spider II ( insane channel ) from line 6 .

amplug have an output of maybe 2 watts i would say . enough for my bedroom use .
ans wont damage anything in your set up .

metal is good for metal and punk rock . the amp doesnt sound "Metallic " like a Metal muff pedal , boss metal zone ... if you know what i mean )

but the "metal" is a one trick pony . its high gain .. gain all the way up and rock on . you wont have low gain by rolling back the gain . it wont sound good . Through headphone , theres a lot of sustain ... it would sound a bit like Metallica "black album" distortion if we want . through my 4x12 cabinet .. it sound more like a punk rock amp lacking Midrange ... think green day Dookie distortion but lacking mid .

for acdc stuff and clean sound .... tried the amplug "Ac30" .. the "classic rock" just didnt work at all IMO .

hope that clear the amplug question theres very good for practice in a bedroom but arent really versatile . but most unit i tried ( spider II , behringer v-amp , roland micro cube werent either cause i didnt like 3/4 of the effect / amp model ) .
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 21, 2009,
you can use the headphone out to computer speakers also. $40 well spent!