My MT2 stopped working today :S
no idea why. the light comes on, but no sound comes out. when i deactivate it, u can hear the clean guitar, so its not connections or dodgey cables.
Anyone encountered this problem before??
I run my bass through it, but i doubt that would have ANYTHING to do with why its not working now..
Quote by jb_reborn
My MT2 stopped working today :S
no idea why. the light comes on, but no sound comes out. when i deactivate it, u can hear the clean guitar, so its not connections or dodgey cables.
Anyone encountered this problem before??
I run my bass through it, but i doubt that would have ANYTHING to do with why its not working now..

The battery/adapter?
^ just throw it out the MT-2 is crap anyways.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Is everyone here retarded? Seriously, just help the guy, he has no reason to care for your opinion, so unless he asks for it, don't offer it up, at least offer advice too.

Honestly, does it make you feel clever?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Its £50 worth of crap!!
it works alrite for bass, so id like to keep it in a working state..
nah its not the battery adptor. its in a daisy chain, so if the battery or adaptor doesnt work, the light wouldnt come on, and there would be no sound coming out.
sound is comiing through nice and clear with the stomp box off.
probably just a loose connection somewhere in the pedal. open it up and take a look.

also, as far as I am aware Jesus doesn't frequent these forums. So asking him what happened is pretty useless.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
hmm... did you check the level knob? (i know that sounded retarded, but just check...) btw, i enjoy this pedal greatly, and so do a lot of my friends... idk what's so bad with it. it just takes a while to find the perfect tone you want on it.
Quote by tushmeister
Is everyone here retarded? Seriously, just help the guy, he has no reason to care for your opinion, so unless he asks for it, don't offer it up, at least offer advice too.

Honestly, does it make you feel clever?

ok mr negative...........

TS check the MT-2's volume and its gain knob make sure that its not at Zero......
check the wirings, you might need to solder the broken wires........
if that doest work take it to a tech( and waste $10 for fixing this crap)
or just throw it out...........
feel free to add me
Quote by jb_reborn
Its £50 worth of crap!!
it works alrite for bass, so id like to keep it in a working state..

well maybe you should throw it out because I doubt its repairable, if it is its probably gonna be difficult and expensive, it don't think its worth the trouble, especialy.
Anyway I would take it to electronic tech to check it to see if there's anything he can do.
Quote by funkymonkz
probably just a loose connection somewhere in the pedal. open it up and take a look.

also, as far as I am aware Jesus doesn't frequent these forums. So asking him what happened is pretty useless.

thats what i thought, but being boss and built like a tank, its almost impossible to open it up with the tools ive got.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

I'm so tired of entering gear threads and seeing replies that say: "just throw it out because it's a piece of ****". When the hell did the MT-2 become a piece of ****? It started out with the DS-1.. a perfectly good distortion pedal, but once practically everyone had one people like you started claiming how ****ty they are. Now, the perfectly good MT-2 is a piece of ****? It's pathetic how spoiled everyone has gotten. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the MT-2. Just shut the **** up and get out of this thread. Telling him to throw it out is oviously not the reply he is looking for.

TS, pop the back off and look for any loose connections or other obvious faults in the circuitry.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere.
But TBH, this is the 2nd or 3rd thread with an MT2 behaving like this, just in this year.
I'm not sure if Boss made a flawed batch or what, but it's not worth it to send it into a tech.

But like everyone is saying, open it up and check for the problem.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Feb 21, 2009,
they are crap........
if you compare it to any other Distortion pedals like the Metal Muff... the MT-2 will sound like Angry bees but the muff will just sound like bees.....
and if the TS is using it on his MG.........then it will DEFINITELY SOUND LIKE VERY ANGY BEES!!!!
Ts if you want to keep it check the wires, the knobs or take it to a tech......
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

It could be used as a clean boost....
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
they are crap........
if you compare it to any other Distortion pedals like the Metal Muff... the MT-2 will sound like Angry bees but the muff will just sound like bees.....
and if the TS is using it on his MG.........then it will DEFINITELY SOUND LIKE VERY ANGY BEES!!!!
Ts if you want to keep it check the wires, the knobs or take it to a tech......

no im running my bass through it.

and no, it cant be used for volume boost. cos it mutes everything when i turn it on.
Last edited by jb_reborn at Feb 21, 2009,
Same happened to mine. It's done for good.

Return it for cash or another one, if you can. Otherwise, too bad.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II