It's broken 5 strings over the last month, In the same place every time, How do I get rid of sharp edges on my Bridge?

Look in sig for kind of Les Paul
maybe oyu have a pick that's too hard..

maybe the strings were old?.

where did the strings break? on the bridge?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
You took the time to type out "Look in sig for kind of Les Paul" instead of just typing "Epiphone Les Paul Standard"?

Anyways, what you need to do is inspect the string to see where it breaks. Are you sure it's breaking at the bridge? Is it perhaps breaking at the tuner/nut?

Once you are sure that the bridge is the problem, get a magnifying glass and inspect the string slot on your bridge saddle to look and see if there are any edges noticably sticking out. If there is an edge, get a small metal file and file that away first. You can then fold a piece of fine sandpaper in half and use the folded edge to smoothen the inside of the slot.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
You took the time to type out "Look in sig for kind of Les Paul" instead of just typing "Epiphone Les Paul Standard"?

I thought about that, but then I thought "If I put Epi Les Paul Standard, Someone is going to say, "It's in your sig, jackass." "

I just couldn't think of a way to win

Quote by philipp122
Anyways, what you need to do is inspect the string to see where it breaks. Are you sure it's breaking at the bridge? Is it perhaps breaking at the tuner/nut?

I'm pretty sure, there's always a peace of the string at the very bottom (With the small ring thingy) that's about 2 inches long.

Quote by philipp122
Once you are sure that the bridge is the problem, get a magnifying glass and inspect the string slot on your bridge saddle to look and see if there are any edges noticably sticking out. If there is an edge, get a small metal file and file that away first. You can then fold a piece of fine sandpaper in half and use the folded edge to smoothen the inside of the slot.

Thank you for the advice.
Last edited by Oujou at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by Oujou
I thought about that, but then I thought "If I put Epi Les Paul Standard, Someone is going to say, "It's in your sig, jackass." "

I just couldn't think of a way to win

I'm pretty sure, there's always a peace of the string at the very bottom (With the small ring thingy) that's about 2 inches long.

Thank you for the advice.

No problem . I hope it helps.. string breaking issues are so annoying if you can't find the cause.

By the way, what strings are you using?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401