Hello again,

I'm interested in the ballsy tone which could be heard on the great live album "Live at the Greek" by Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes. I mainly play Led Zeppelin so it would be a great investment. The amp i'm going to get is Laney LC15 and the guitar is going to be Hagström Super Swede.

What kind of pickups should I go for ? Burstbuckers ?

Uku
Last edited by UkuK at Feb 21, 2009,
He had an Orange amp (not sure what model - check out the videos on youtube from Live At Greek) and his usual Les Pauls. They also had 3 guitarists onstage so that affects the overall sound a lot aswell.
i think they should make a jimmy page pedal
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
^well, what would it sound like? a plexi/orange being overdriven - nothing more. everything that's special about jimmy's tone is what's in his fingers
anyone could make a pedal emulating his rig - his sound you wont get unless you learn to play exactly like him

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well, they should make a glove,only two in the world, that are made out of his actual hands.
;D

I meant,like pedal with different tones for songs,
like the Clapton pedal.
my prefernces
1.Whole Lotta Love
2.Stairway Solo
3.Going To California
4.Tangerine

eh?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
He had Oranges (AD30s I believe), Fender Tonemasters and a Petersburg P100 during the Black Crowes tour along with a fairly extensive Pete Cornish pedalboard. His bridge pickup in his #1 at this point was the custom Seymour Duncan. Specs are unknown for it, some suggest a '59 with an A3 magnet others say it's just the Custom Shop Jimmy Page model which is basically a hotter '59. His neck pickup in his #1 was and still is the original PAF. At this point he had a single push/pull pot installed on his #1 for phase switching, nothing more. Other than the neck PAF none of it was Zep related gear really just so you know. Personally I'd avoid Burstbuckers. How much can you spend all together?

[quote="'xjosheex :['"]i think they should make a jimmy page pedal

Basically impossible given the amount of tones and gear he has used. You'd need Supro tones, Tonebender tones, JP Hiwatt tones, stock EL34 Marshall tones, KT88 Marshall tones, Vox UL4120 tones (which is impossible).. just to name a few.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Feb 22, 2009,
I see what you mean but the original pickups are not very good. My budget is about 250 euros and I'm planning to order from Thomann Cyberstore. http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf=humbucker_pickups&oa=pra
If i'm looking for some hot and ballsy vintage humbuckers for that old school hard rock (Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Deep Purple) what would you suggest from Thomann?

Uku