I've decided to get new pick ups for my guitar since I've decided that I'm fine w/ what I have and I don't plan on gigging soon (nor could I).

I'm looking for a pickup w/ a nice and sweet sound for clean and another pickup nice and tangy for blues and alternative rock.

Suggestions, please.

Also, if you'd like to you could also talk about certain pickups and what they're good for. I want to get a general understanding of all the types.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Hey,

Not saying this is the best idea, but maybe you should get a tube amp and then new pick-ups?

I'm just thinking, you'll hear the biggest improvement this way.

But if you are deadset in your decision, check out DiMarzio pickups.

www.dimarzio.com

They have like a, find your pickup option in the corner... just click it and go through the mini survey and the site will suggest you the top 3 choices. It's quite helpful.
^+1
You are not going to hear the true effects of a pickup change through a modeling amp. It also is not really worth putting pickups in a guitar that the pickups are costing almost as much as the guitar.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
New guitar dude I have my epi SG special as a wall ornament, Worse guitar ive ever played period...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
I don't plan on spending more on guitar accessories as of this year, I've spent more than $700 since I got my guitar last year. I'll probably get a new guitar next year when I'm much better.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Hmm... that website is very useful. I'll be using it in the future. I'll get new pickups when I save up enough for a Gibson SG or Les Paul which will probably be next year. I heard that SGs generally do not give much sustain.

Thanks for the help guys.