I was yust helping a friend to connectin a Wi-Fi Router . Everything is working fine
but the signal has a bit shorter range that wanted . The Point was to get the wi-fi
signal outside the house and we're like 2 meter or so short. Could we comehow ampplyfie the signal in a legal way ? I hered that you can get softwatre to do that but's kinda ilegal.The Router is a Cisco Linksys Wireles N Brodban Router
put the router somewhere else?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
put the router somewhere else?

thougt of that but kinda it wont work inside the house , the only way would it be to put it otside the house and well i gues i would nead a plexi box for that and it's not really an option
I meant like put the router inside, but closer to where you want to use it outside, so like if your living room looks out onto your garden, put it next to the wall in the living room.

edit: if it's wireless N, then it should have better range than that, my router is only G and I can use it from 3 streets over, as long as I'm in eyeshot of my house.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
I meant like put the router inside, but closer to where you want to use it outside, so like if your living room looks out onto your garden, put it next to the wall in the living room.

mine's right by the window outside, so do that
Quote by Eradicated
Learn to spel

EPIC LULZ
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by Eradicated
Learn to spel

IRNOY!!!!!!!!!
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

the thing is the house i old so the walls absorb a lott of signal . Ant the router is allready as close to the garden house as he can get it the only way to move it closer would it be trou the window and thats really stupid. I was thinking more like an amp anthen i was saw some homemade but i dont trust them , because if i would do something like that it would probbaby
ended in a waste of time whit no resoults .

This router -> http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WRT310N
Last edited by Ic3 at Feb 21, 2009,
Check the configuration, it will probably allow you to increase the strength. If not - consider replacing the Linksys firmware with DD-WRT or similar.

You COULD replace the antenna too, as a last resort prior to moving the router. Also ensure that you're not overlapping with other channels. This won't strictly affect the range but as you get toward the weaker end of the range the noise becomes more of an issue. 1,6,11 are the non-overlapping channels. So if there is network nearby that is on 6, use 1 or 11.