Ok so when i turn up the distortion on my metal muff to bone crushing levels it hums and whines and makes generally undesirable tones, its that just what happens with this thing or is it my cables? becuase ive tryed this on a 15 watt tube and a spider 3 and it happened on both, i immideiatly assumed it was my spider but i tried on the tube and it didnt do it. also, the cables i have in here are pretty much brand new.
~Defiant~
Does it do it when the gain isn't cranked?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Aurex
Ok so when i turn up the distortion on my metal muff to bone crushing levels it hums and whines and makes generally undesirable tones, its that just what happens with this thing or is it my cables? becuase ive tryed this on a 15 watt tube and a spider 3 and it happened on both, i immideiatly assumed it was my spider but i tried on the tube and it didnt do it. also, the cables i have in here are pretty much brand new.

Which is it?
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
try a noise suppressor..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Greenwood991
Which is it?

sorry i was super baked when i started this thread, it happens on both, what i meant was like a week ago it wasnt happening no matter how high i turned up the gain.... but ill try a noise gate, thanks
~Defiant~
Baked kid number with a Spider and Metal pedal number 3498 and counting.....

There probably will be too much gain there - you are adding gain to gain already which is a bad idea. Plus it is just a terrible amp to put any pedal in to start off with.

Have you considered new gear at all?
High gain = more noise if its not doing it with the tube amp then you know its an issue with the spider. It also could be your power supply some power supplies can add noise to a pedal.