I've been considering getting a Warlock, but I'm unsure to get. I could get a Warlock with a tremolo and Floyd Rose bridge but I'm unsure how much that would cost (I'm getting in touch with my guitar shop, they're going to call me Monday), but depending on how much it's going to cost I might just get a Bronze series at £200 and put some locking machine heads and leave it at that as I don't make much use of the whammy bar.

What I'd like to know is if I use locking machine heads do I need to change the bridge too? Are there any brands of machine heads (and bridges if applicable) that are incompatible with the BC Rich Warlock?
I'm so metal I work at Dimmu Burger
Quote by gothicneo
I've been considering getting a Warlock, but I'm unsure to get. I could get a Warlock with a tremolo and Floyd Rose bridge but I'm unsure how much that would cost (I'm getting in touch with my guitar shop, they're going to call me Monday), but depending on how much it's going to cost I might just get a Bronze series at £200 and put some locking machine heads and leave it at that as I don't make much use of the whammy bar.

What I'd like to know is if I use locking machine heads do I need to change the bridge too? Are there any brands of machine heads (and bridges if applicable) that are incompatible with the BC Rich Warlock?

wow, two trems? that's a find.

Don't waste your money on Bronze series BC's. really not worth it.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
wow, two trems? that's a find.

Don't waste your money on Bronze series BC's. really not worth it.

Sorry, I meant locking neck and floyd rose bridge.

And I'm set on getting a Warlock, I've tried one out and I'm pleased with what it can do.
Why not the bronze? I can't see a big difference between them and the platinum series.
^lol
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by gothicneo
Why not the bronze? I can't see a big difference between them and the platinum series.

oh my.

------

Shwiggity.
this thread=
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Wait. You dont have it yet and you want to put parts on it already?

Silly newbies.

Seriously, at least play it for a month before you even think about putting crap loads of cash into it.
Quote by gothicneo

i wanted to say tossing it into the trash,

you really cant modify it to make it much better, the bronzes are horrible anyways..

just track down a used jackson or something for that much, you'll be much happier
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by gothicneo

That's cause the platinums suck too. Just get a nice BCR, you know, an NJ series?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
That's cause the platinums suck too. Just get a nice BCR, you know, an NJ series?

+10000000000000000000

NJ's are THE sh!t!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
got an NJ series on ebay with a speedloader. my beast may have jacked up saddles, but it still is awesome compared to the rest of my guitars. even though it has 5 month old strings on it
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
yeah i got a warlock with the speedloader and its THE best guitar ive EVER played. but i cant really play it cuz the high e's always break IMMEDIATLEY after i put them on.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Bluk, warlocks are gross. A good mod is to get a bandsaw and cut here:

Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
UBERlolz^
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
^^ur a fag. B.C. Riches can actually be high quality instruments. well, all but the bronze series...

i bet that youve never even played a higher end rich. go play one and then tell us how ****ty you think they are!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I have. They're still ****ty.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Guys, can we please quit arguing about the quality of High-end BCR's? He's going to buy a ****ing bronze!! We must save him now! Worst buy of my entire ****ing life time ><.
he obviously sucks at the guitar playing (for now)

so really guys, really....bronze>squire, atleast for some metalness

i personally dont like b.c. rich, except this 80s b.c. rich that was pretty nice actually, except the fret job
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I actually have 2 Bronze series Warlocks. A red one(Agathis wood unfortunately) with a pointed headstock and a black and white Metal Master one(Basswood).
They really arent that bad. At least not for the price.

My Metal Master one has a Dimebucker in the bridge and still the stock in the neck which i want to replace with a SH-1 '59.

I plan on putting a SH-6 Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a SH-2 Jazz in the neck of the red one.

Gonna replace the bridges(chrome) on both with black Tonepros bridges and replace the tone and volume pots with CTS ones and then black knobs.

Also going to replace the tuners with black Gotoh locking tuners.

Considering replacing the nuts with Earvana compensated nuts too.

I'm pretty happy with my Warlocks and the only advice i'd give is to get one with a Basswood body if you go for the Bronze series.
If you dont like the Widow headstock you can always replace it with a pointed one from ebay too.
Last edited by Jean71 at Feb 22, 2009,
Bc's are really good guitars (excluding Bronze in most cases) and they are original which I think is why brand *****s hate them the most. The Fender and Gibson babys complain I think because what was the last original shape Gibson or Fender made.........Yeah so you got the same shapes and styles over and over and over. And the main thing that sucks on a Bc Rich is the PUPs thats normally all thats it switch those out and you have a good guitar.

Edit: Jean71 I found the Bill Lawrence XL500L is better than the Dimebucker and is cheaper by $50.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Last edited by Unherolike at Feb 22, 2009,
not really Kai. we're still pretty on topic.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Ah yes, okay xD

I played a bronze series and I didn't really like it at all. =/ I really only like the Mockingbird 10 string they have....fun guitar
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I have an old Rave II. Basically a Warlock made in 1988 with a different headstock. Better than the bronze series, but not much compared to the higher ends, and it still competes with allot of other good guitars. The shape is pretty radical if you ask me, and I wouldn't be caught playing anything other than br00talz metulz on it. But B.C. DOES make good guitars, and if they are your style, go ahead and get one.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by Unherolike

Edit: Jean71 I found the Bill Lawrence XL500L is better than the Dimebucker and is cheaper by $50.

Already have the Dimebucker in there.

I do plan on getting a Bill Lawrence XL500L though for a future project or getting a Dean CFH which already has one.
Hey, It's not that I hate B.C Rich in general, I just don't like the warlock, warbeast, zombie of those kinds of shapes. I DO like, however, the Bich, Assassin and the Mockingbird.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

I hate the Mockingbird it dosn't sit right for me. Its too neck heavy for my likings.
Its understandable that some people don't like the shapes of most Bc's but to say that they are inferior because they heard a few reveiws from someone who played it once for two seconds is ridicuolus. Of course the bronzes suck but so do Squires so I find that to be hypocritical on the Fender Fan boys side of the argument. And In my experiences Bronzes have always been better crafted than Squires.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
I didn't say they were inferior, I don't think I did anyway.

But I know that some of the 'better' warlocks and such do play very very well and some of them sound pretty good, but the shape is just repulsive to me.

Oh I wasn't talking about what you said it was just an open statement to brand *****s.
Ive had a Bronze series warlock for 3 years and i play it more than my 79 les paul custom... be carful tho the pointy ends will chip like crazy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
he obviously sucks at the guitar playing (for now)

so really guys, really....bronze>squire, atleast for some metalness

i personally dont like b.c. rich, except this 80s b.c. rich that was pretty nice actually, except the fret job

i too, have an 80's bc rich, it's like a strat shape, it's really not that bad. I'm sure the frets could use some work, but it feels decent.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by gothicneo
And I'm set on getting a Warlock, I've tried one out and I'm pleased with what it can do.

Dude, that was my first guitar, and I loved it to death... but once you've had it a couple months, you'll play something else and say "WTF was I thinking!?"
I'm a Bc rich supporter, but don't go bronze, save a little more and get a masterpiece or something.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
*reported for necrobump*

Seriously, this thread is three months old, and bumping this had no use whatsoever
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.