so im trying to expand my musical style.. and im wanting to get some basics in like...

Tango
Salsa
Tin Pan Alley**
African Tribal

just weird non-western types of music. (** though yeah that is western and kinda random in that list)

not American Pop (and not using that as the norm pop like n*sync just pop culture)

is there like some bad ass compilation albums someone can suggest?

like one of those goofy CDs youd pick up in the Wal-Mart candle aisle?

something id see on TV?

and id really prefer something instrumental, so im getting the musical feel of each genre..

THANKS GUYS!!

-o PS: ive been playin for 4 years.. took two years of music college before i dropped so i know some decent theory. My style now is based around clapton, garcia, and Gilmour.. and cobain. and then Lennon and Dylans fingerpickin styles when im on acoustic.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
lol

also, i was "born" catholic but have jewish blood.. so really im a born jew and was catholic for 10 years

so id really LOVE to learn some hebrew style music... but really have no idea what it would sound like other than that stereotypical Nagila Hava song in movies
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Buena Vista Social Club is a good start of course. Thats less salsa and more cuban, but its all good. Definitely get some Astor Piazzolla, he's the master for tango. A great latin/world album that I highly recommend is Thievery Corporation's album Sounds from the Verve Hi-Fi.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.