Page 1 of 2
So I Just got this message in my youtube account:

"Hi
My name is Paul Oomen (this is a serious mail)
I am Dutch and I have my own little studio .
I want to ask you if you can send me a mp3 or wma or wav file of one of your songs.
I want to remaster it and then send it back to you.
This is not a money or advertising thing or whatever.
I just like to do this
You can send me the file to my email adress
cheers
Paul"

I don't see why it would be fake/a scam or anything, but at the same time I spend a lot of time on my songs and don't want to risk anything happening to them. Do you think he's just being genuinely nice?
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Feb 21, 2009,
uhhh....send him a song that is NOT yours or maybe one you don't particularly like very much, see what happens.
Quote by Draken
lulz is a stupid term used by rectal dwelling wart children.
Paul is the nicest guy in the world and he wants to do ALL of the world's remastering for free because he has a lot of time on his hands and sitting in front of a computer, analyzing, and remastering everyone's songs for free is his favorite thing to do in the world.

Yay Paul.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Don't do it. Simple as. Even if he is genuine, it's better to be safe than sorry.
wait is his last name a profanity or did you censor it yourself?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
The scam end of it is that he could make money off your works unless you actually have a copywright for it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Is there any point even attempting to master a song that has been ripped down to MP3?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by SGibson666

I had to read that two times to get it. lol.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Your "songs" are probably not copyrighted, but who gives a damn? So, you send him the song. He's gonna think that song is catchy. Take it and copyright to his name and make millions off of it in the next 5 years... Woah!
Send him someone else's song. See if he actually replies. If it's decent, give him your song(s).

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
oh you got my email

was wondering

yea im legit

paul xxxxxxxxx
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
No, none of my stuff is copyrighted or anything.

He sent me this as a video response to my knockin on heaven's door cover. It's by him and it's produced very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uAwxF701Hw

But still, I don't think I'm going to end up sending him a song. Or I'll just send him something I don't really care about.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
don't do it
I guess there's a chance he's just being nice, but most likely not. I think he's got some way to scam you, even if you don't know what it is. Better safe than sorry.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
That's Coldplay attempting to rip off more songs.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Alright yeah I'm not going to do. it thanks guys
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
If you wanted to test it out, you could cover somebody elses song and send that, that way he can't steal it from you, because it's already copyrighted by somebody else
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by the_wayward_one
That's Coldplay attempting to rip off more songs.

Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
Quote by gallagher2006
THIS IS SERIOUS MAIL

That was the first thing I read. Then I saw he was Dutch. :P
Quote by faultyy
If you wanted to test it out, you could cover somebody elses song and send that, that way he can't steal it from you, because it's already copyrighted by somebody else

Do this.
Quote by undeadbot
you dont have nothing to lose anyway

It's you don't have anything to loose, if you "don't have nothing to loose" that means you have somthing, because you don't have nothing.
Here is something you should do.

-Send him a cover of Never Gonna Give You Up
-See what happens
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
you could always google-search him and see if anyone else has been ripped off by him. even if you don't find anything tho, i'd advise against sending him anything.
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Quote by iantheman
why didn't he give his last name?

Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Wait, so if I send him a cover of a song that's copyrighted he can't really do anything with it?

I just uploaded a cover of Under the Bridge by the Chili Peppers on my account. If I send him this song, there's really nothing to lose right?

EDIT: turns out he has an official site and everything...

http://pauloomen.info/

I think this guy on youtube might just be someone saying it's him...
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Feb 21, 2009,
Don't send anything over the internet. Saying "this is a serious email" in brackets makes it seem like a scam. Because you'll have no way of finding this guy after you send him your songs, I wouldn't advise it.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
The Dutch are bastards, be carefull.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by Mythmaster30
uhhh....send him a song that is NOT yours or maybe one you don't particularly like very much, see what happens.

Yeah. Too bad that is against the law. You can't claim other peoples creative works as your own. Why are so many stupid people on this forum from North Carolina. It makes me kinda sad to say that is where I am from.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Page 1 of 2