Hey guys, the strap mount on my Epi Les Paul Special II came out of the body. It stripped out the wood so it has nothing to hold onto when you try to screw it back in. Is there any kind of filling or glue that I can use to fill the hole so I can screw the mount back in?
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
You could wood putty the hole, then re-drill above or below. Or, you could use a larger screw. They do make straplocks with large-bore screws to fix those problems. In fact, most strap locks come larger so they fit snugly in a pre-drilled hole.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
You really could have just searched, I saw one of these like a week ago.
Quote by Invader Jim
Toothpics. Easy, free, works.

Do you mean putting toothpicks in the hole and screwing the mount back in alongside them?
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Yes.

Cram as many as you can in there, cut off the excess, screw in the strap button.

It's also great for plugging stripped-out bridge screw holes and pickguard/cover plate screw holes.
Oh cool, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

EDIT: Just stuck a tooth pick in there with the screw it and works great, solid as a rock.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Last edited by Gibson V at Feb 21, 2009,
Try sticking more than one in, so you have as much new thread in the toothpick wood and pressure against the edges in there as possible.