I'm thinking of getting me self a Blackheart killer ant amp and run it with my POD X3. Now, the killer ant has only a single watt and the tube starts to get saturated very early. If I run a dirty sound from my POD will it get better or worse through the amp? Like will the sound get clipping or smoothered out?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

it depends on how dirty, and how loud you set the amp, you can stack distortion, but it's very difficult to get it to sound good without being really muddy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You should probably get a cleaner amp to play your X3 through. The Ant might sound good but the range of tones will be limited.
its not that dirty if you put the volume halfway...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I don't know if this helps any, but I love the sound I get from my Vox Tonelab running through an Epi Valve Jr. It can get waaaaay louder than I ever thought at 5W.

It seems pretty neutral tone-wise and doesn't color the vox effects much, but adds a nice warm tube sound to the effects.
Maybe it's a better idea to get a higher wattage amp like the Blackheart Tiny Giant instead. If the tube saturation just mess up the distorted sound from the POD...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Maybe you should get a overdrive pedal and boost the amp instead of using the POD distortion. The POD should have overdrive pedal simulations right? So maybe you can bypass the amp and cab modeling and just use the overdrive pedal effect from the pedal as a boost for your Blackheart.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by placeboeffect81
I don't know if this helps any, but I love the sound I get from my Vox Tonelab running through an Epi Valve Jr. It can get waaaaay louder than I ever thought at 5W.

It seems pretty neutral tone-wise and doesn't color the vox effects much, but adds a nice warm tube sound to the effects.

I agree with this. I mix and match my Vj OD with POD and pedal OD all the time. Depends on the tone your going for, but i'd certainly use the Vj as a platform. Great low volume tone and you can crank it enough to rattle pictures on the wall.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD