What pedal/effects/ amp would you recommend for the Black Keys sound, ex. keep me and just couldnt tie me down from Rubber Factory?
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
I'm gonna say a mahogany guitar w/ P90's, and some old tube amp (1x12). Just turn it up for natural tube overdrive.
Quote by tonepro
I'm gonna say a mahogany guitar w/ P90's, and some old tube amp (1x12). Just turn it up for natural tube overdrive.

That's about a quarter of it.

On Rubber Factory, IIRC, Dan used a few different guitars, including a Harmony Stratotone, a Harmony H77, and a few others.

On the tour, he used a Telecaster with Dimarzio Twin Blade humbuckers, and a couple of tweed Bassman amps.

I know on The Big Come Up he used a Tonebender clone for fuzz, and iirc, Thickfreakness was a Maestro MFZ-1, but I can't remember what he used on Rubber Factory.

For live shows, he usually runs a two amp setup, one receiving a mostly dry signal, and the other one fuzzy.

With one amp, I find it's easiest to approximate the tone with an amp with a higher midrange, and a good low end, a P-90 guitar, a tele, or a semi-hollow with buckers, depending on the song. Slight overdrive, boosted, and fuzzed out. A Big Muff should do the trick.