I currently own decent amount of gear, but i'm right now looking to downside and upgrade.

I own:
-Ibanez Rg120 (main guitar, treats me well)
-Ibanez 7-string
-Fender Stratocoustic
-Beheringer Iaxe (CRAP)
-Line 6 Spider III 30
-Blackstar HT-5 Ministack
-Digitech Metal Master
-Digitech Digidelay
-Crybaby Wah
-Ibanez Tubescreamer
-Danelectro Fab Flanger

Im wondering where i should go with all of this? sell or trade, and what to buy?

I play metal, hardrock, rock, and the blues. I'm around intermediate for my playing ability and im trying to be as technical as possible.

Right now im looking to own a tube amp, preferable 15 or more watts with nice distortion, multiple channels, and good cleans. I also want to keep a large effect library, so either a delay, wah, whammy, flanger, phaser, tremelo, etc., or an effect processor. I plan on keeping my 7-string and Rg120 for so that i can have a decent back-up and and never getting rid of my 7-string, but i want a better stage/main guitar. I'm looking either ibanez, gibson, or schecter, but im open to anything that plays nice.

I'm not really sure anything else to ask so if you have questions, just post below.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Get rid of all of it, buy a strat and a vintage deluxe reverb.

/joking

Seriously though, we can't decide for you what you wanna do. You could give us a budget and we could suggest some amps for you to try. It'd also be nice to know which of those genres you play more (like percentages), if you don't mind. Other than that you have to decide what you want to keep.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
hmmm.......
sell all the guitars and buy a Schecter C-1 FR.......
sell the all your amps and buy a Peavey XXX used (or just keep the Blackstar)
Sell your effects except the Tube screamer and the wah...... then buy a MXR Carbon Copy for a basic BUT good Delay, MXR Phase 90, MXR 10 Band EQ, EHX Small Clone, and a KORG PitchBlack

And give us a Budget for new gear..........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Kevin Saale
Get rid of all of it, buy a strat and a vintage deluxe reverb.

/joking

Seriously though, we can't decide for you what you wanna do. You could give us a budget and we could suggest some amps for you to try. It'd also be nice to know which of those genres you play more (like percentages), if you don't mind. Other than that you have to decide what you want to keep.

what kevin really meant was to get a JTM45 and not the deluxe reverb (thus the joking)

//joking

also, how "in to" pedals are you? do you like a straight clean/dirty sound, or would you want some other effects (modulation, chorus, phaser, flanger, etc.) thrown in also.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
what kevin really meant was to get a JTM45 and not the deluxe reverb (thus the joking)

//joking

also, how "in to" pedals are you? do you like a straight clean/dirty sound, or would you want some other effects (modulation, chorus, phaser, flanger, etc.) thrown in also.

bUt the JTnn4five doenote has teh toob rectumfriers!
Quote by Kevin Saale
bUt the JTnn4five doenote has teh toob rectumfriers!

silly boy, tu3Borz reCto-mfRierz are in the JTM45.

i'm talking clone/vintage, not the shnarky reissue.

edit: that was supposed to be a "silly rabbit, trix are for kids!" reference, but it ended up being very.....pedophillic. whoopsies.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Feb 21, 2009,
Well dammit, that's a lot less funny now...

Edit: I know a funny silly rabbit saying that refers to homosexuals and male organs, it's hilarious.
sorry about being so late about this. I have a budget of like $200, but over time this will grow, so i can do this systematically.

Also i play
-15% Blues
-30% Rock
-30% Hard Rock
-15% Metal
-10% Other (everything except country)

And also i'm hoping to find something with 24 frets, but 22 is acceptable
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex

Right now im looking to own a tube amp, preferable 15 or more watts with nice distortion, multiple channels, and good cleans.

This really says something about the Blackheart HT-5. So basically, you're not liking the amp are you?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Nah, i'm loving my amp and it has all of that. The only problem with it is that it is 5 watts, and the next one up is like $1000, so i want to keep this a a practice and recording amp and find another one for gigging, but if i have to get rid of it to get a better all around amp, i'm willing to do so
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by gregs1020
This really says something about the Blackheart HT-5. So basically, you're not liking the amp are you?

Also, its a BlackSTAR, not a blackheart
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Also, its a BlackSTAR, not a blackheart

My bad, I knew I would do that sooner or later. There is a ocean of a difference between them. All due apologies!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.