Page 1 of 2
Yeah I read this article in sports illustrated about how there are fewer hunters now, which is making the animal population boom and become more aggressive. So I was thinking, "hey, I like venison, and hunting was fun in Oregon Trail II, maybe i should do my part to save the human race and go hunting."

I don't want to use a gun though. I don't think people should be allowed to own them in the US, it just causes problems. Also it doesn't seem fair to the animal. Bowhunting might be a possibility, but what i was thinking was like, ninja hunting with a katana and throwing knives and stuff. i think it would be more fun than regular hunting anyway, and a lot cooler.

yeah so what do you guys think?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by humperdunk

I don't want to use a gun though. I don't think people should be allowed to own them in the US, it just causes problems.

Criminals with illegal firearms cause problems, responsible citizens with legal firearms fix problems.
The manliest form of hunting is with your bare hands. If you killed a bear with your bare hands, that would be deserving of a beer.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Bow hunting is WAY harder. Most people don't kill a deer for years bowhunting. Just get a gun, it kills just as dead.
Hunting isn't manly, it's bull**** to kill an animal for the sake of proving yourself or to have fun.
Quote by Kumanji
Much as I am against hunting, I would pay to see a Marylander take out a deer with a katana.

How did you know i was from Maryland?

EDIT nevermind
Gear:
Quote by munkyRobb
how the **** are you gunna sneak up on a deer with a fuking katana!

You hide in a tree, wait till one walks under and then jump on it.
Quote by humperdunk
Yeah I read this article in sports illustrated about how there are fewer hunters now, which is making the animal population boom and become more aggressive. So I was thinking, "hey, I like venison, and hunting was fun in Oregon Trail II, maybe i should do my part to save the human race and go hunting."

I don't want to use a gun though. I don't think people should be allowed to own them in the US, it just causes problems. Also it doesn't seem fair to the animal. Bowhunting might be a possibility, but what i was thinking was like, ninja hunting with a katana and throwing knives and stuff. i think it would be more fun than regular hunting anyway, and a lot cooler.

yeah so what do you guys think?

and you dont think throwing knives could cause problems?
Quote by munkyRobb

no here's my idea. I wait in a tree until a deer walks underneath me. then I dive katana first into it's neck. If it survives and tries to run away, i use the throwing knives.
Gear:
it depends on what your hunting i live in Tennessee everyone here hunts lol if your hunting something retarded like a cow then you probly could kill it with a sword but if its something like a deer then you'll never even get close
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

Quote by georgeAM77
Hunting isn't manly, it's bull**** to kill an animal for the sake of proving yourself or to have fun.

Killing for a hundred pounds of delicious venison is extremely manly.
Quote by munkyRobb

VERY carefully. To tell you the truth, my dad actually got close enough to kill a deer with a katana once. Too bad all he had was a shaky gun and a hunting knife...
i would love just to see a guy throw a bunch of butter knives at an elk...
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by Kumanji
Much as I am against hunting, I would pay to see a Marylander take out a deer with a katana.

That shall be sigged. Sounds like it's gonna be pretty difficult though TS.
I completely disagree with you on gun ownership. Also, you will NEVER kill an animal with a knife or something unless you're insanely lucky. Hunting isn't that easy. Animals might not be as intelligent as humans, but they're very good at surviving.
Quote by Trefellin
Criminals with illegal firearms cause problems, responsible citizens with legal firearms fix problems.

+ a billion

anyway, yeah, go for it, you might like it, and if you get something, you get to eat it.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by frottage
I completely disagree with you on gun ownership. Also, you will NEVER kill an animal with a knife or something unless you're insanely lucky. Hunting isn't that easy. Animals might not be as intelligent as humans, but they're very good at surviving.

This. Anyone who says that hunting with a gun is spit easy has obviously never been hunting before.
Quote by georgeAM77

I hunt to put quality and healthy meat on my table for low cost . i hunt during Gun ,bow and black powder season . i hunt for deer , rabbit , pheasant and ducks and have bear hunted a few times . Nothing wrong with hunting, if you dont like hunting, dont do it .
Quote by tonedeafidiot
VERY carefully. To tell you the truth, my dad actually got close enough to kill a deer with a katana once. Too bad all he had was a shaky gun and a hunting knife...

He should've Knifed it. Or owned it at point blank.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
This. Anyone who says that hunting with a gun is spit easy has obviously never been hunting before.

Exactly. "Unfair to the animal"? Life is about survival, and humans have proved to be the best at it. Why shouldn't we use tools we developed to hunt? We developed bows and knives, so why can't we use guns too?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by frottage

People do hunt wild boar using only a hunting knife and some dogs to flush out the prey.
Quote by Winsbury
and you dont think throwing knives could cause problems?

i bet you anything more people are murdered with guns than with throwing knives.
Gear:
Didn't read the full post, but hunting is not very fun or exciting. You basically set up and just chill quietly for however long until a deer shows up and then it's over a minute later.

It's cool if you want to do it, just don't expect it to be like duke nukem only with deer.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Didn't read the full post, but hunting is not very fun or exciting. You basically set up and just chill quietly for however long until a deer shows up and then it's over a minute later.

It's cool if you want to do it, just don't expect it to be like duke nukem only with deer.

dude you gotta read the whole post to find out why it would be exciting for me. katanas dude. katanas.
Gear:
I highly doubt you'd even be able to catch anything with a katana. Also, depending on where you live, you have to watch out for bears, cougars, etc. Are you willing to have to fight one of those with a ****in katana?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Only people that use guns to kill people probably got the weapon illegally in the first place. If you take it away from the legal gun holders that's even worse. TS needs to change his views.

Also, as long as you kill for population control of the animal so they don't die of starvation is totally fine.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I highly doubt you'd even be able to catch anything with a katana. Also, depending on where you live, you have to watch out for bears, cougars, etc. Are you willing to have to fight one of those with a ****in katana?

oh yeah, the streets are infested with cougars here in Baltimore.
Gear:
Quote by humperdunk
dude you gotta read the whole post to find out why it would be exciting for me. katanas dude. katanas.

Yeah, I read through it. Sounds like a plan. Nothing gets the adrenaline flowing like puncturing a deers carotid artery with a 3 foot sword.

Go for it.

Edit: You live in Baltimore? I'm sorry. Bethesda is where it's at
Quote by humperdunk
oh yeah, the streets are infested with cougars here in Baltimore.

And you don't hunt in the street. You don't spend much time outside, do you? If you're willing to act like a moron, running outside with a sword to try and hunt, then I have no pity for you when you get injured.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by RU Experienced?

Yeah, I read through it. Sounds like a plan. Nothing gets the adrenaline flowing like puncturing a deers carotid artery with a 3 foot sword.

Go for it.

Edit: You live in Baltimore? I'm sorry. Bethesda is where it's at

yeah i plan to get as far away from here as i can as soon as possible. I don't actually think i've ever been out to bethesda
Gear:
if we didn't have guns, then all criminals would use knifes. also you wouldn't survive ten minutes where i live without pro hunting views. we need to hunt. people see it as wrong to kill an animal for sport, but what about population control. if we didn't hunt, then deer related car accidents would go through the roof. the farm's would lose more of their crop. you have to think of it as deer management. personally, i love hunting. i bow hunt and i use a rifle. bow hunting is the most fun because you have to be so close. also it's more of a challenge where i live because in michigan it's illegal to bait. i've been so close i could chop a deer with a sword too, that is if i dropped from my tree. it's really not as hard as it seems, you just have to have good blind placement. where i'm at, i had a buck making a ground scrap literly 5 yards from the ladder to my stand with me in the stand. but if you wanted to make it a challenge, hunt big game with a bow. imagine being 20 yards from a ****ing caribou when it stands up and is looking straight at you. that'd be a ****ing rush!
Page 1 of 2