Greetings
Im looking for a couple of good songs to learnm that are not that hard to play.
I will be playing at a my school at the end of the term, so I want some songs that have a high "impression divided by hardness ratio" , meaning it should sound cool, but still not be that hard. I have been playing for a couple of years so I'm not a bad guitarist, I am just not used to play live in front of loads of people. So I would like songs that are relativly easy to nail 100% while under some presure.

I like bands like mostly metal but some rock as well. Bands - Metallica, Iron Maiden, black sabbath, linkin park, in flames, parkway drive, ozzy, deep purple, slipknot - u name it.

Sorry if the english was bad

EDIT:
PS. Some harder songs are OK, the main point here is songs that sound way better than they are hard (can u say that?). If that means a hard song that sounds insanly good, or some simple easy song that sound just sounds cool, that is up to you.
Last edited by and3nlol at Feb 21, 2009,
Have you got any songs you can comfortably play now? a) it'll give an idea of your level and b) you could bring that up to performance level and you'd be comfortable playing it, just an idea
What's your level?
What song can you play?
A good song to start anyway is
Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne
Back in Black-ACDC
Smoke on the water-Deep Purple
Sweet Child O' Mine-Guns N' Roses
How abuot Crazy train, Sweet Child, The Hell Song, Dammit, And mabie One.Hope it helped.
Quote by firesprite
Have you got any songs you can comfortably play now? a) it'll give an idea of your level and b) you could bring that up to performance level and you'd be comfortable playing it, just an idea

the trooper, paranoid, working on crazy train atm.... I can play the solos at ~80% speed.
I have no issues with hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, bends, palm muting etc. My problem is that I rarely actually learn a whole song, I tend to learn the funniest riffs or sometimes solos from the song and skip all the chords.

Quote by firesprite
Forgot to ask in my other post - are you playing with a band or on your own??

I do not play in a band.
Quote by and3nlol
the trooper, paranoid, working on crazy train atm.... I can play the solos at ~80% speed.
I have no issues with hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, bends, palm muting etc. My problem is that I rarely actually learn a whole song, I tend to learn the funniest riffs or sometimes solos from the song and skip all the chords.

I do not play in a band.

That may be what your problem is, nothing's completed.

How are you playing at the school? By yourself or with a band?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Yea, I remember playing with just a drummer (my friend) and I had to do more on the guitar to fill it in.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Just do Purple Haze, it's extremely easy, and everyone and their grandmother knows the song.
Have 12 seconds with nothing but amp distortion, then start playing Ride the Lightning.

It'll scare the hell out of them.
Quote by and3nlol

EDIT:
PS. Some harder songs are OK, the main point here is songs that sound way better than they are hard (can u say that?). If that means a hard song that sounds insanly good, or some simple easy song that sound just sounds cool, that is up to you.

Sometimes the songs that'll impress the most are the ones that are the most easily recognised. Songs like ACDC Back in Black, Whole Lotta Rosie or Shook Me all night long, Led Zeppelin Black Dog or Rock n Roll. Even The Doobie Brothers China Grove is a lot of fun... and because people know it to sing along or dance to, they enjoy it more.
learn kirk's lead part in Suicide & Redemption - the instrumental off Death Magnetic

it kicks in around 3 minutes (150 bars on my guitar pro tab) and just sounds awesome whether you play it acoustically or electrically...but actually isnt that hard
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master