Poll: Which multifx of these three choose?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which multifx of these three choose?
Zoom G2
5 50%
Korg AX5G
3 30%
Behringer V-Amp 2
2 20%
Voters: 10.
Which one of these three will be the best one? I need good distortions (also amp simulations) as well as effects. I'd plug into it my headphones and Orange Crush 15. Reason your vote.
id say new amp........ but if you want a MultiFX.BUDGET???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The expression pedal on the AX5G is not very good, but I think you will get the best distortion tones from it. The MP3 clip Fun deLay in my profile is two tracks of my G&L Strat recorded direct into the computer sound card with a Korg AX3G. The same pedal w/o the expression pedal. Most people that have experience with the Korg series consider the tones to be pretty decent.
Last edited by fly135 at Feb 21, 2009,
i'd say for multi-effects, try digitech, im quite happy with my little RP80, the distortions / overdrives are quite good, but i'm using other OD Pedals, but the effects are pretty decent considering the price... my two cents
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
I don't want any of Digitechs. I'm going only to buy one of these three.
Quote by Mattis16
I don't want any of Digitechs. I'm going only to buy one of these three.

why, nnne of them are as good as the RP series
For the price I can only afford RP150. I heard that lower models of digi are crap (crappier than the zoom or korg).
the next gen behringer (v amp 3) should be coming out real soon so maybe wait and get that or snap up a v-amp 2 for a bargain when the price drops due to replacement
I had the Zoom 707II, and the AX5G was a much better sounding unit. But the expression pedal worked better on the Zoom.
Most of the multi effects under 100 dollars don't sound that good, maybe you're better off with a Roland microcube ?...tons of effects, pretty good sound considering it's size, it's better than your current amp, headphone input, pretty small so they're easy to carry around.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
i have the RP90, its great for the price, check it out
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
dont get a digitech. all the cheap ones ive heard suck. at least the distortion does. i cant say about the other choices you listed though
So probably Zoom G2 will be the best choice, i think. I shall go and try out korg and zoom.
Quote by fly135
The expression pedal on the AX5G is not very good, but I think you will get the best distortion tones from it. The MP3 clip Fun deLay in my profile is two tracks of my G&L Strat recorded direct into the computer sound card with a Korg AX3G. The same pedal w/o the expression pedal. Most people that have experience with the Korg series consider the tones to be pretty decent.

i agree, i borrowed one from a friend for a while this one time and it was pretty impressive once i figured everything out.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by CHOCOmoney
i have the RP90, its great for the price, check it out

Do you know where I can find a users manual for the rp80. Bought one used and did not get a book with it.
Quote by AvAHixson
i'd say for multi-effects, try digitech, im quite happy with my little RP80, the distortions / overdrives are quite good, but i'm using other OD Pedals, but the effects are pretty decent considering the price... my two cents

Could you send me a copy of the users manual for the rp80. Did not get one when I bought it used. Would be grateful if you could